03-04 Cobra Motor Swap

Just saw this Termi puppy this afternoon...

I think we may end up buying it. Problem is the owner won't budge. The car doesn't crank because the battery is dead. Battery is in the trunk & inaccessible. He only has a valet key so I can't gain access to the trunk where the battery is located. His asking price doesn't include the car running. $6,500 & he's practically firm on the price.

Anyway, here's the car.

f0d52858-c352-4ee1-8308-b8deac0d8e4d_zps5ccefce6.jpg

f81ecd0d-698d-4122-9c4a-f9ee2a849f89_zps955aae81.jpg

d9ab0699-86a0-4958-9760-3b1818337fc9_zps5bd03199.jpg

Oh ****. I want that. I love gen2 and the speed of that motor but I just hate finding parts for a mark.

Just saw this Termi puppy this afternoon...

I think we may end up buying it. Problem is the owner won't budge. The car doesn't crank because the battery is dead. Battery is in the trunk & inaccessible. He only has a valet key so I can't gain access to the trunk where the battery is located. His asking price doesn't include the car running. $6,500 & he's practically firm on the price.
A locksmith should be able to get you into that trunk in a matter of minutes for ~$50...although you would want to factor in the cost of a new set of keys being made up too.

Or bring along your own battery and leads, pull the trunk button, and supply power.

tak a jump box from and a double ended lighter plug . plug into cig lighter and push trunk button.

you can buy a jump box for 50-60 bucks, deduct off selling price. i use one when junkyarding to check power seats.

I am sure if Alex shows up with cash Dan will open the trunk and fire it up.

Guys, Dan & I have been talking for a little over a year now on & off. In fact I stopped talking to him because back when I first met him he was digusted by the Mark VIII community & he wanted nothing to do with other enthusiasts. In fact he was not interested in selling the car at all. We kept in touch via facebook every now & then & recently he would throw in the ocassional; "You need to buy my car!" comment which led me to go see it yesterday.

Now due to some unforeseen events I don't think I will be purchasing the car. However I'm going to help him get it running again so the future owner can come see a running beast. It hurts but I simply can't buy it.

Here's the link guys:

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/3736174542.html

Did he do the terminator install, I'd like to get some tips.

There's no real tips I can give you because I haven't done anything myself on a Termi Mark.

he doesn't really sound like a motivated seller.

He's pretty firm on the price. He's attached to the Mark but he's pissed because he's gotten low balled from too many ppl.

he doesn't really sound like a motivated seller.

Engine
Ford Mustang 36K,PULLOUT 50 OIL 150COMP,LES TRANS 36,533 A I10013 $6500 Tri City Auto Parts USA-NE(Holdrege) Request_Quote 1-800-445-9117 Request_Insurance_Quote

car-part.com
So the Lincoln is free, I would call that motivated.

In fact I stopped talking to him because back when I first met him he was digusted by the Mark VIII community & he wanted nothing to do with other enthusiasts. In fact he was not interested in selling the car at all.

this, does not sound motivated.

Last edited:
this, does not sound motivated.

That was last year Chris. I think he's motivated. Especially since I told him if it continues to sit there it will rot. It already has rust on the roof. I think he's convinced he's going to sell it whether as whole or in pieces. He's not selling the Cobra R wheels with it though. I think he has a set of '04 Cobra's that will be installed on the car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back