What would you do?

95MkViii

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a question for you.

Alright so you guys know, I have my 95 mark Viii 73,xxx miles. Now I love my mark, I have it as my weekend toy and drive my truck to work.

Now I have a chance to buy a 2004 cobra with 9,000 miles on it. I was looking at buying a new f-150 and selling my 1996 ford ranger, or buying the corbra and selling the mark. Or putting the mark in the garage and letting it sit "off the insurance"

Guys I'm puzzled and don't know what to do. I want a cobra. But I love my mark. :(

idk. if i had that kinda change, i'd get a blower set up for the Mark. like Laser's gen 2. or don's gen 1. prolly don's gen 1.

Hey guys I have a question for you.

Alright so you guys know, I have my 95 mark Viii 73,xxx miles. Now I love my mark, I have it as my weekend toy and drive my truck to work.

Now I have a chance to buy a 2004 cobra with 9,000 miles on it. I was looking at buying a new f-150 and selling my 1996 ford ranger, or buying the corbra and selling the mark. Or putting the mark in the garage and letting it sit "off the insurance"

Guys I'm puzzled and don't know what to do. I want a cobra. But I love my mark. :(

I've noticed from my own experience that even when we ask for opinions we pretty much will do what we really want. That being said. You have to do what your heart desires. Just make sure it's the best decision for you, your pocket and your family.

the Cobra is basically a 'new' car....and not your everyday "Me Too" model...what color is it?

It's your preference man. If you want a newer very low mile car with a blower, get the Cobra. If you want an older car with a blower with higher miles but for a lot cheaper, keep your Lincoln. It's' as simple (or difficult) as that. The plus side to the Cobra is it has the guts for more nuts. You will need to build the motor on the Mark 8 if you want to go really nutty but you can run 12s for a fraction of the cost. Decisions decisions....

I'd sell the 95 and get a 98

Lol.. or that.
I can tell you from driving a very low mile 04 cobra just last month I would buy the cobra if the money is right.
I was there looking at the car for my dad and he bought the car 30 min after I left the dealership; most of you know how much time I've put into my mark but in that 30 min while I drove to work I tried to justify to myself I could buy the thing and even have my nice fresh motor to go in it..
Then he bought it.
Sure, mustangs are a me too car but as for the 03/04 cobras and the gt500's I'd take those any day.
People say they ride rough.. meh, its a mustang not a town car.
I say you buy what you want. Insurance will be a little more but parts are plentiful and don't come with the Lincoln tax.

2004 Cobra, with 9,000 miles?! Good gosh, haven't seen or heard of one that low in, well never! Price tag I am sure is 20-25k at least? My preference, I have owned 3 cars, one Chevrolet, and two Lincolns, all of them paid off, and they were MINE. That's something you should look into, if your still in college, is it the right decision? Would you be okay with paying monthly for quite a few years down the road? Are you going to have enough money every month? Do you really want to make that commitment? Personally, I would keep the Mark VIII, if funds are an issue, or sell it and start off at the 96-98 Cobra level, then skip the 99/01 Cobra, and go for an 03/04 Mach 1. Insurance also adds up when you have alot of vehicles. =/ Same deal with the F150. It's your decision though, let us know what you decide to do!

2004 Cobra, with 9,000 miles?! Good gosh, haven't seen or heard of one that low in, well never! Price tag I am sure is 20-25k at least? My preference, I have owned 3 cars, one Chevrolet, and two Lincolns, all of them paid off, and they were MINE. That's something you should look into, if your still in college, is it the right decision? Would you be okay with paying monthly for quite a few years down the road? Are you going to have enough money every month? Do you really want to make that commitment? Personally, I would keep the Mark VIII, if funds are an issue, or sell it and start off at the 96-98 Cobra level, then skip the 99/01 Cobra, and go for an 03/04 Mach 1. Insurance also adds up when you have alot of vehicles. =/ Same deal with the F150. It's your decision though, let us know what you decide to do!

04 and it's red with a black interior.

I'm not in college, or in high school. I work 50+ hours a week.

I'm not going to say what He wants for the cobra. But it's less then $20k and also this cobra will be paid off in full.

Ah, well then, that opens the door up quite a bit! It's always nice to have a truck on hand, but there is nothing wrong with having two cars. Trucks do come in handy though. Keep the Mark, and get a Cobra too? Or get a new 5.0? 6.2 F150? 5.0 F150? You have many options available, but it's what you want and think is best.

I got pulled-over by a CaliforniaHighway-Patrol up at the Grapevine once coming back from Bakersfield. My wife and I were only doing 90-95 going uphill in a torch red '03 Cobra. We passed several slower moving vehicles and I guess he was sitting by the side of the road when he saw a red blurr go by.

By the time we crossed another hill, we saw him coming at us from a distance. By this time, we knew we couldn't outrun the radio so we slowed down. Man, it took him over a minute to catch up to us. He was pissed. We were already below speed limit when he lit us up. Normally, they would have to pace you for about a mile to get your speed or use radar. To make a long story short, I got the ticket and got it dismissed in court.

Sorry, Mac, I just had to share a moment in time when I was behind the wheel of a Cobra. We had a blast in that car! Whatever you decide, you'll be happy either way.

-Ren

honestly, on 2nd thought, i would rock the holy crap out of a Terminator. i really want one..

get it.

Koons is selling new F-150's for up to 10K off so that would be tempting. The new Mustangs are going to be selling for quite a steep discount soon, I have already seen true car pricing in the 24K range for a new 5.0. I think I would keep the Mark, but I may be in the minority.

Get what you want. Is the three to four grand you get for the Mark really going to make that much of a difference for you? Keep the thing as you said in the garage off the insurance or insure it, it is inexpensive.

The Mark is really not worth anything and most likely never will be. Sell it if you want to but I do not think you want to. If you have that much coin to throw around then buy what you want and keep the Mark.

My .02.

I'd keep the mark and buy a 68 mustang
The cobra is bad ass but a 68 is on another level

Like others have said this is a decision you will have to make on your own. I have always thought I wanted a 03/04 Cobra, but after spending some time with a few of them I decided they just weren't for me. I have tried and tried to like driving Mustangs, but I always end up coming back to the mn-12/FN-10 chassis. I still have 3 Mustangs right now, but I find more joy in the Mark.

-Alan

If you’re paying cash for the cobra and you need the extra 2000 from the mark then maybe sell the mark but it is your money.

I would just buy a terminator motor and drop it in the mark, and then you would have a fast car that wasn’t a belly button car.

A 2004 Cobra with 9K miles for less than $20K? I'd jump on that in a heartbeat.

I read paid in full. Get the cobra. Make sure though you don't get screwed. Sounds like he might just need money.

I read paid in full. Get the cobra. Make sure though you don't get screwed. Sounds like he might just need money.

hes had the car for 6 years i think. long story short, he doesn't drive it and wants it to go to a home where it will be driven.

Arrest Me Red? sounds like a fun ride...getcha fuzzbuster unless thy're outlawed up there in the Commonwealth...money order went out today btw

Arrest Me Red? sounds like a fun ride...getcha fuzzbuster unless thy're outlawed up there in the Commonwealth...money order went out today btw

sweet man, sending you a text when you get off work. found a mirror for you.

yeah radar detectors are outlawed up here in the commonwealth.

and yeah its Arrest Me Red.... :cool:

so here is the cobra, THIS IS NOT THE ONE IM BUYING! but this is exactly how it looks.
img0477k_zps072a28f3.jpg

If you don't buy ill track that guy down and buy it. I kick my ass everyday for not keeping my 96 and blowing it.

Although I do like diesel power. Theres something to be said for power that can handle a corner. And now there's a guy at the gym I go to that has a b/b cobra and I get that feeling. Like when the olsen twins were underage.

Members online

Back