harsh transmission shifts

the electrical connecter you mean the round part with the pins inside and then something in the middle of that

how can I unscrew this bolt I cant even see it

You should be able to see it. Are you on a lift or jack stands?

jack stands I cant see sh!t except for the bottom of the solenoid pack which is all black sh!t

I've taken out all 8 bolts and the fuking thing is still not coming out

jack stands I cant see sh!t except for the bottom of the solenoid pack which is all black sh!t

I've taken out all 8 bolts and the fuking thing is still not coming out

It's in the middle of the electrical connector on the outside of the transmission, above where the solenoid assembly is on the inside of the transmission.

connector.png

It's in the middle of the electrical connector on the outside of the transmission, above where the solenoid assembly is on the inside of the transmission.

I tried with a wrench after trying for about 30mins I couldn't get to it

is there a special tool to use

ièm done for today i will try to finish it tomorrow

i got a drop of transmission fluid in my left eye i washed it out best i could...should i be worried

Basic MSDS info should be on the back of the Mercon V bottles, including what to do in the event of ingestion and so on.

My guess is your eye will move in its socket a little better now.

basic msds info should be on the back of the mercon v bottles, including what to do in the event of ingestion and so on.

lol!

Only if it was synthetic. If it was, then it will stay slippery for at least a year, or 15K blinks. If not, you'll have to put in another drop of fluid sooner.

Only if it was synthetic. If it was, then it will stay slippery for at least a year, or 15K blinks. If not, you'll have to put in another drop of fluid sooner.

muahhaha

terminator-salvation.jpg

terminator_9.jpg

Terminator_Salvation_new-30.jpg

terminator-salvation.jpg

terminator_9.jpg

Terminator_Salvation_new-30.jpg

I'd like to ask a question here while everyone is being so helpful.

My transmission has just 1 symptom. It works perfectly is every other way.
It works fine until the car warms up. This is about 1-2 miles. The problem then gets progressively worse as it reaches operating temp.

The 2-3 shift fades to useless at temp. I have to speed up to about 40mph and then let off the gas and wait for it to go into 3rd or 4th with no throttle. If I don't back off, it will "hang" between gears until it slams into 3rd(sometimes chirping the tires or giving the E for unexpected pressure differential)

Is this solenoid pack?
Spring?
Servo?

Coils and plugs are all new Visteon and Motorcraft BTW.

I haven't found this specific symptom by itself in any threads here.
I want to save up the money and throw it in the right direction.

Thanks!

I'd like to ask a question here while everyone is being so helpful.

My transmission has just 1 symptom. It works perfectly is every other way.
It works fine until the car warms up. This is about 1-2 miles. The problem then gets progressively worse as it reaches operating temp.

The 2-3 shift fades to useless at temp. I have to speed up to about 40mph and then let off the gas and wait for it to go into 3rd or 4th with no throttle. If I don't back off, it will "hang" between gears until it slams into 3rd(sometimes chirping the tires or giving the E for unexpected pressure differential)

Is this solenoid pack?
Spring?
Servo?

Coils and plugs are all new Visteon and Motorcraft BTW.

I haven't found this specific symptom by itself in any threads here.
I want to save up the money and throw it in the right direction.

Thanks!

have you tried disconnecting the battery to clear the shift strategies and then calibrated the shift strategies properly (follow a battery reconnect procedure, and a drive cycle, for starters)? i would start there, as i have personally cleaned up nasty 2-3-2 shifting this way on multiple occasions. i thought my tranny was dead, but for whatever reason it learned to shift like that and it apparently wasnt bad enough to throw a code... depending on how long you have let it behave the way you described you could have some part failures, and i am not sure where to begin diagnosing that. mine has had rough 2-3-2 shifting on 3 occasions and i let it shift less than ten times. if it did it today i would personally pull over ASAP and disconnect the battery on the spot to clear the shift strategies.

I've done that several times.

It started doing this right after I let off the throttle during an aggressive takeoff. I accelerated at WOT through 1st, 2nd and let the throttle out at the top of 2nd. It BANGED into 3rd at 6k rpm with no throttle. Ever since then, it has had 2-3 issues.

It started doing this right after I let off the throttle during an aggressive takeoff. I accelerated at WOT through 1st, 2nd and let the throttle out at the top of 2nd. It BANGED into 3rd at 6k rpm with no throttle. Ever since then, it has had 2-3 issues.

If the code was for the solenoid I'd put my money on that, but there is a spring that breaks in the Ns. I don't think its for 3rd though. Here's a good write up, it might help. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80761

If the code was for the solenoid I'd put my money on that, but there is a spring that breaks in the Ns. I don't think its for 3rd though. Here's a good write up, it might help. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=80761

Crap! I didn't write down the code and it clears itself after I behave.
It has to to with pressure.
I'll check codes now and see if I have a pending code. I was not paying attention to nursing it on the way home today and the wheels chirped into 3rd...

I wasn't sure if servos could throw a pressure code.
I would prefer changing the solenoid pack since I've read up on it so much that I feel comfortable doing it myself.
In fact, the only thing I dread is filling the trans fluid. What a goofy setup for fluid fill!

Crap! I didn't write down the code and it clears itself after I behave.
It has to to with pressure.
I'll check codes now and see if I have a pending code. I was not paying attention to nursing it on the way home today and the wheels chirped into 3rd...

I wasn't sure if servos could throw a pressure code.
I would prefer changing the solenoid pack since I've read up on it so much that I feel comfortable doing it myself.
In fact, the only thing I dread is filling the trans fluid. What a goofy setup for fluid fill!

A pressure code sounds solenoid related, but after reading that it started after that WOT run it might be something else. Especially if your not experiencing the delay to D or R.

It still sounds like a solenoid problem, getting the code will help.

were you sure to follow the procedure quite precisely? bc if you are hitting WOT before it learned everything that could be the culprit. It specifically says to avoid heavy acceleration, sharp turns, etc while its learning. fuel slosh screws it up. i think the times I have had a similar issue that i did accelerate rapidly.

it does sound like you have some sort of component failure at this point though. if she was mine i would be packin her up and getting a diagnostic from Lincoln...

OP, whats the word on your issue?

jrands solution to any problem you have with your car disconnect reconnect your battery

need an oil change? no problem disconnect reconnect your battery

got a flat tire? disconnect reconnect your battery

car doesn't warm up fast enough in the morning? you guessed it disconnect reconnect your battery
LOL

jrands solution to any problem you have with your car disconnect reconnect your battery

car doesn't warm up fast enough in the morning? you guessed it disconnect reconnect your battery
LOL

oh you are soo funny 'el oh el'
your s_hit still aint fixed, is it

LOL

I'm pretty sure 99% of the members here have placed him on ignore. You'd be wise to do so as well.

I'm pretty sure 99% of the members here have placed him on ignore. You'd be wise to do so as well.

99%? get real.
everyone who has blocked me has done so because they were wrong and it just shattered their little ego that someone else read a page in the shop manual that they didnt...

how is your finger doing bubbie
LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back