2000 Lincoln Continental OEM 6-disc CD Changer install - non-console version

guitarman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello all! I am just now entering into the wonderful world of Lincoln and have a question that I hope someone can answer fairly easily. I just got myself a 2000 Lincoln Conti that is the kind that you shift up by the wheel instead of having a center console. The car did not come with the OEM 6-disc CD Changer but I have just acquired one with mounts. I have found a few pics of the one that is in the center console but can not for the life of me locate any info on where to install these guys on my version... In the manual it says it's suppose to be on the passenger side foot area but that doesn't really help me since there is no evident location that it is going to be placed/mounted to :confused:

I am sure this is a pretty easy answer, I am a very visual kinda person so if anyone has a pic or can explain this to me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

Hello all! I am just now entering into the wonderful world of Lincoln and have a question that I hope someone can answer fairly easily. I just got myself a 2000 Lincoln Conti that is the kind that you shift up by the wheel instead of having a center console. The car did not come with the OEM 6-disc CD Changer but I have just acquired one with mounts. I have found a few pics of the one that is in the center console but can not for the life of me locate any info on where to install these guys on my version... In the manual it says it's suppose to be on the passenger side foot area but that doesn't really help me since there is no evident location that it is going to be placed/mounted to :confused:

I am sure this is a pretty easy answer, I am a very visual kinda person so if anyone has a pic or can explain this to me I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

I don't have a 6 seater but from what I remember, there is a slit on the passenger side center console at the bottom. If yours didn't come with one, it might not have that.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah it's not got a center console. From the manual it says its suppose to go somewhere down in the foot area on the passenger side, just can't figure out where that is exactly.

Anyone have a non-console Conti with their changer installed? Just need the location, really would like to keep this thing as "stock" as I can. Thanks!

F
Thanks for the reply. Yeah it's not got a center console. From the manual it says its suppose to go somewhere down in the foot area on the passenger side, just can't figure out where that is exactly.

Anyone have a non-console Conti with their changer installed? Just need the location, really would like to keep this thing as "stock" as I can. Thanks!

Hmm... I guess I wasn't clear. When I meant the center, I meant the center of the dash. So there should be a slit on the passenger side of the dash at the bottom. I am not with my car but this is the best way I can show you on a picture. Hope it helps.

95686508.jpg

Last edited:
I'm going from memory here, but... On cars without the full console I think the changer went into the "box" under the radio/HVAC controls with a carpeted sliding door facing the passenger footwell area. You'd slide the door open to access the changer's magazine.

Ok I think I may have located the plastic cover. I felt back behind there and it feels like there is a lot of space. I am not as young as I use to be so I can't quite get my neck to allow me to get back up under there. I didn't see any carpeted doors or anything, which would of been awesome. I am going to try and snap it off tomorrow when I can see a bit better.

I attached a pic of what I am referring to and also just a snapshot of my new beloved Lincoln.

Really appreciate the replies.

Car.jpg

car CD changer.jpg

Very nice, looks good. BTW here is a pic I stole from autotrader. You can see the door I was talking about just barely.
30424506401341923552im1.jpg

ok, well shoot mine doesn't have that part at all so looks like i may have to do something else to make it work. It's not that big a deal since I use my phone for everything anymore.

I actually have a 2002 Lincoln Continental with a passenger's foot well 6 disc CD's that just broke and I need the part number for the holder (not the loader- part # YL1F-18C833-AB that holds the discs themselves but the part you slide them into). If you have the part number it would help greatly.If not, if your 6 disc CD changer works well and you won't ever use it please let me know. Thanks, Jerry (j2323p@yahoo.com)

Members online

No members online now.
Back