Nitrous users, opinions needed.

warrioralumni08

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have highly considering running nitrous lately, and have found an off brand kit, from a small company, out of Texas. It's a dry kit, 50-175 shot. Now, my car is stock pretty much. I don't plan on running more then a 100 shot. I doubt this kit is a true 100 shot, probably more like a 75, so I may run it up to 125. Question is, when would I need a tune and a bigger fuel pump? When would I have to start messing with timing? Suppose a window switch would come in handy also. Also, this is the kit. I try to be budget friendly. :D

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MUSTANG-GT-...77076&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&#ht_3044wt_289

just my $.02 i would stick with a well known company. your dealing with nitrous, any mishaps with the system could cause you to literally blow up your engine. stick with a well known brand with a good system and good feed back.

Go ahead an put the a bigger fuel pump in. They are realativly cheap and not that hard to do. I wouldn't want to risk the stocker going out while spraying. Also run some NGK TR6 plugs gapped around .035. Start pulling timing over a 100 shot. I didn't follow the link but make sure you have a WOT switch and a window swith would be helpful to automatically bring the spray on after 3000 rpm. However, if you have any mechanically issues, I would not spray.

Spray

Hi!! I'm one of your second cousins from over in the LS section. You can get an idea of my background by looking at "Land Speed LS" in the HP LS section.

That said, it's my belief that it NEVER makes sense to run 'dry'. Buy a 150 kit from a reputable mfr. such as NX (my sponsor) and pay attention to their recommendations. NX provides a 30-40 page book of information instead of the loose page included with most other packages.

I started 'spraying' back in the '70s---it's the best 'bang for the buck' there is if you use common sense.

KS

Run a Dynotune Nitrous wet kit, they are reputable and high quality and their kits are rated at the rear wheels.

with your engine saga you really want to go there? LOL

Haha, I know, but I think it's up to par now and running smooth as can be, with the ticking exception, blah. It's all or nothing now, I am ready to win, and stop. :D

just my $.02 i would stick with a well known company. your dealing with nitrous, any mishaps with the system could cause you to literally blow up your engine. stick with a well known brand with a good system and good feed back.

I understand, but it's always nice to try out the small guys too. That's how every company gets big. :p

I am not a big fan of running anything more that a 75 dry shot.

-Alan

I'll just do a 75-100 shot, and she how see reacts, if I do get a nitrous kit.

Go ahead an put the a bigger fuel pump in. They are realativly cheap and not that hard to do. I wouldn't want to risk the stocker going out while spraying. Also run some NGK TR6 plugs gapped around .035. Start pulling timing over a 100 shot. I didn't follow the link but make sure you have a WOT switch and a window swith would be helpful to automatically bring the spray on after 3000 rpm. However, if you have any mechanically issues, I would not spray.

I might as well just put the old Walboro I had in the tank, kept it just in case, and I think it's still good, just don't know when it was put in. Yea, they would be nice to use in conjunction, but the costs add up. :shifty:

Everyone has to rain on my parade and be a bunch of party poopers lol. :p Hmm, might as well get the ZEX safeshot 15-35hp kit. :p

Run a Dynotune Nitrous wet kit, they are reputable and high quality and their kits are rated at the rear wheels.

Ha, just visited that site last night actually. Was looking at that switch that would kill the nitrous, if the engine started running to lean. :D

Do it, take lots of videos.

Haha, well I'll have to see if I really want to. :D

Warrior, u wanna race an all motor Mark? :p

Sure, haha let me pack up and gather up gas money. :p I am having a debate though, Nitrous no doubt, best bang for buck. I always thought of nitrous as cheating though for some reason lol. I would like to stay NA, so I have been thinking of 2.5 true dual exhaust, brother has 4.30s he doesn't want anymore, then a trac lok, and a cobra intake, but all of that requires a driveshaft and tune, which just adds more money, who some people don't have. Still wouldn't be as fast though as with nitrous, or it would be close, just the costs of all of it, would be way more then nitrous. :p Or, just save up and get a Mach 1, and make monthly payments and live in misery lol.

well for me , i like the permenentality (i think i just invented a word) of a supercharged, blown, or turbo over nitrous just because you can run out of the laughing gas in the middle of a race and be laughed at. sure you can refill, but there are issues when you run without it, like if its tuned for the spray, if your only going to use it at the track, by all means then its purpose built.

well for me , i like the permenentality (i think i just invented a word) of a supercharged, blown, or turbo over nitrous just because you can run out of the laughing gas in the middle of a race and be laughed at. sure you can refill, but there are issues when you run without it, like if its tuned for the spray, if your only going to use it at the track, by all means then its purpose built.
Thats why I have 6 bottles. LOL

I suppose after a year almost, im going to pull the trigger on nitrous. I am trying to be budget friendly, so no tune, but do have a replacement fuel pump on its way. Max, 75 wet shot. These are my options,

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nos-07006nos/overview/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-20420-10/overview/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/nex-20421-10/overview/

I hear NX is the way to go, as they have jets that atomize better and the white bottle adds a nice touch. So, push button or microswitch? Could you arm it, then after getting passed 3 grand, flip the micro switch? Or is that just automatically activated at wot. Is the micro switch a wot switch or way different? If I used push button, then I could easily wait till it passed 3 grand and push it, but I dont ever want to accidentally push it, so that kind of draws me away. Aiming for NX either way and digging the proton plus package. Wouldnt mind the regular proton package either, seems just the feed lines are shorter and its pushbutton and doesnt come with a wot switch and just doesnt look as complete. Opinions?

My buddy had an arm switch then the activation switch on the pedal.
That way you could wait to arm it till you are past 3000

You have an arming switch. You don't want to be messing with this "Right" before you mash throttle. It gets turned on and waiting for you to use system. Like right before you go into burnout box, arm system. I myself don't believe in rpm window boxes, just a waste of money when you set up a WOT switch. I set up my WOT switches just like name implies. I have to bury my foot for it to turn on. Any let up and it shuts off. I also don't need purges also waste of money. I bang it in the burn outbox. "Bang" is as your doing burnout you let engine come down to like 4000 then mat gas so NOS comes on for a sec.This will make engine flash up rpm to like 6000. I do this couple times to "purge". This is the way I do it and alot of others do too. Also to run more shot and not pay for tune to pull timing, if you have a Gen1 just put a "Adj timing kit" on it for 50 dollars. Sure beats a 300 dollar tune. Now again I will state this is my car I work on it how I please. This is not the only way to do this, just my way.

take note nitrous user the feds have started raiding nitrous and welding gas suppliers in la for selling nitrouis to kids that use it to get high other goverment boondoggle. it isn't a controlled substance but the bleeding hartes are sniffing for it.

I thought our heads had a serious problem with nitrous/fuel puddling in the Intake runners. I have been looking at the venom vcn1000 because of that problem.

I sent them an email telling them all my mods. Hoped to get a suggestion on what kit to buy. No response yet...

take note nitrous user the feds have started raiding nitrous and welding gas suppliers in la for selling nitrouis to kids that use it to get high other goverment boondoggle. it isn't a controlled substance but the bleeding hartes are sniffing for it.

You can't use non medical grade to get high. It will give you the worst headache ever...

You can't use non medical grade to get high. It will give you the worst headache ever...

You can and people do. They also put dryer sheets in the bottle to spruce up the smell. All they do is add sulfur to NOS to make race stuff. Sulfur ='s FART smell.

I thought our heads had a serious problem with nitrous/fuel puddling in the Intake runners. I have been looking at the venom vcn1000 because of that problem.

I sent them an email telling them all my mods. Hoped to get a suggestion on what kit to buy. No response yet...

As "Snap" would say, "Don't believe the hype". They always said this about 5.0 EFI intakes too. Just get any good wet single fogger kit adj up to 150HP is all you'll ever need. That means you can get the small solenoid kits and save money. The small solenoids top out at 150ish HP. Just like anything else you have not used you are apprehensive. Once you do it a million times, you just install and go fast.

Awesome. That information just saved me a couple hundred bucks. I am going to look into zex myself for the computer "safety". It taps into the o2 sensors and shuts down if it's running to lean.

This is the kit I was looking at
http://www.venom-performance.com/index.php?content=vcn1000

I not a fan of dry kits or any of the not needed fancy micro box stuff. Just not needed.
This is a basic no BS kit wet $319
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-07005NO...Parts_Accessories&hash=item1e785b75e6&vxp=mtr
Here is bare bones kit just to see exactly how simple and easy a wet kit looks. Add bottle and line to this $179 kit and almost done.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/DynoTune-EF...Parts_Accessories&hash=item5aeeee2592&vxp=mtr

Members online

Back