Stock Horse Power Numbers

DieselDan

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have looked around and couldnt find any information on this... I know these engines are rated at 280hp at the crank? Anyone have numbers from baseline runs at the wheels? I am planning on a re-tune after I install the exhaust.

Any insights? Thanks guys!

I think the average drivetrain loss for automatics are somewhere between 15 and 20 percent.

Hey guys, I have looked around and couldnt find any information on this... I know these engines are rated at 280hp at the crank? Anyone have numbers from baseline runs at the wheels? I am planning on a re-tune after I install the exhaust.
Any insights? Thanks guys!

Stock 94
IMG_0004.jpg

What tune! HAHA! That was from my old 94, all stock except the transmission. I'm going to get a base line run here this summer before the Shortys and exhaust on the 95.

Back in '05-'06 when I was running a stock N.O.S. '94 Mark 8 engine with a stock '94 4R70W & TC, 4.10's, Kooks 1-3/4" / 3" headers, and a corrected tune file, my car was putting down ~240/245 on a Dynojet. When I removed the intake in December '06 to install the supercharger on that engine (which didn't last long, by the way), I found that one bank of the IMRC's was stuck shut, though I don't know when that occurred.

Just correcting the stock tune file's WOT AFR makes a decent difference.

EDIT: I dug up one of the old dyno sheets. 242.5 rwhp/ 245.93 rwtq with a very safe AFR. Looking at the curve, at least one bank of the IMRC's opened at ~3K rpm, the TC locked just after 5K rpm (tuner error), and the hp curve is flat up top (one bank of the IMRC's may indeed have been closed).

dynosheetsmall.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back