What I Did this Weekend

GMAN

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a standing ad in my local Craigs List for Lincoln suspension repair. I get a call for a Mark VIII spring conversion. So I say great, come on over. And low and behold it was the Black on Black 95 LSC I posted about a few months ago with the hood ornament on it. So when the car arrived, it needed UCA's, the power window motors were shot, idler pulley was seized up. So I did an entire tune up on this car. The owner's a 25 year old kid, and I got him up and going, and he's a happy camper now. I am not a fan of the hood ornament, but to each is own.
028_zps2bf0ea24.jpg

029_zpse55584b3.jpg

030_zpsd97d4537.jpg

031_zps5de3e6f2.jpg

032_zps418c8bd1.jpg

033_zpscaf9a11d.jpg

034_zpsc5ea02d0.jpg

036_zpsc470d580.jpg

037_zps93d90bdd.jpg

038_zps26520e52.jpg

039_zps4f985302.jpg

040_zps2308cf4a.jpg

041_zps60398820.jpg

042_zpsa6377b89.jpg

Good work Greg. Who knows, maybe you saved another one from being scrapped eventually. I sent you some pics in your e-mail. That hood ornament is in your face disgusting. At least on a Mark VIII it is.

Good work Greg. Who knows, maybe you saved another one from being scrapped eventually. I sent you some pics in your e-mail. That hood ornament is in your face disgusting. At least on a Mark VIII it is.

Yes, I let him know my displeasure with it. But these youngsters these days. :rolleyes: Different tastes I guess. I am still trying to convince him that 22's and or 25" swangas are a terrible idea as well.

I like how the pics go from rainy to sunny, nobody know what to wear in this state... lol

those swirl marks are painful to look at.. actually the entire car. good work greg :)

what type UCA's did you use?
---
did you get any pics after fixin his rims? :rolleyes:

While I wouldn't have it myself, I still say that the hood ornament is funny as hell.

Then again, when I first got mine I briefly had the idea to put embassy flags on it, bearing the Pink Floyd marching hammers logo. :shifty:

This car was in pretty good shape. Not bad for a 95 with 80k miles. It just needs a decent paint job. It also needs a new air tube. I didn't have time to do a seal up job on the air box. The baffle was still attached. When I took it off to change the plugs, it exposed a huge hole. So now air is getting in.

Roger I showed him the pics of the lights, we'll see what he does.

Whoa whoa..don't group all us "youngsters" together here..I'm 26..but that dude just has bad taste..real bad taste. I'd have offered to buy it before he completly destroys it..or just tell him to let you know when he scraps it so you could grab the bumpers at least.

I'd refuse to work on it unless he let me take it off. That's just all around horrible taste.

Good job though. :)

If he's a young dude I figure he'd be wanting to get rid of the ornament. Down here in Miami it's the older seniors that want the ornaments to remind them of the older cars.

older people also are use to using the ornament to center themselves on the road??

is that common knowledge? ie. sitting properly in the drivers seat, if you look over at the ornament and line it up so the ornament is riding the white line on a painted road,(as in the ornament is in your line of sight from driver's seat to hood to painted line on edge of road) you will be properly in your lane

My dad had a 77 Mark IV when i was like 10 and showed me that,after seeing this thread i wondered if that is a commonly known thing...?

Members online

No members online now.
Back