WTB: Gen2 ABS Control Module

TrickVert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am looking to buy the following ASAP:

5W4Z2C219BA - CONTROL MODULE LS6, LS8; ABS/Traction Control; w/IVD

Please PM me with a price if you have one to sell.

Thank you,

Andy

Thanks. I already checked out Tasca, and they're cheaper than the dealer, but am hoping someone might have a used one.

Andy

Do you REALLY want to use a used ABS module? Seems to me like using used brake pads.

Do you REALLY want to use a used ABS module? Seems to me like using used brake pads.
I'd rather use a new one, but it's about $450. We're talking about an electronic component, like an ECU, ignition module, etc. It's not a mechanical wear item.

Andy

I'd rather us a new one, but it's about $450. We're talking about an electronic component, like an ECU, ignition module, etc. It's not a mechanical wear item.

Andy

I once used a used ABS module. It was not on an LS, and it included the pump and hydraulics as well and the electronics. This is kind of apples to oranges, but I didn't have any problems from it.

Yep. The dealership thought they had the fix (brake pressure sensor), but found out the computer won't re-cal after the sensor was replaced.

I don't want the new owner to have any headaches.

Andy

Maybe another sensor is bad? I had a dealer tell me that my steering wheel sensor wouldn't calibrate and that I needed a new ABS module. I took it to another dealer a couple years later who replaced the steering wheel angle and it has been fine since.

Actually, this is the part number for the system WITH AdvanceTrac (which my car has), but good point for clarification. Thanks.

Andy

Weird. For 2003 - 2005 I get this.

5W4Z-2C219-AA ECU
Traction Control With Advance Trac

5W4Z-2C219-BA ECU
Traction Control W/O Advance Trac

But for 2006, I get this.

5W4Z-2C219-BA ECU
Traction Control With Advance Trac

5W4Z-2C219-AA ECU
Traction Control W/O Advance Trac

One or the other has to be wrong, I'll assume that 2006 is correct. (I had only looked up 2004 before.)

Maybe another sensor is bad? I had a dealer tell me that my steering wheel sensor wouldn't calibrate and that I needed a new ABS module. I took it to another dealer a couple years later who replaced the steering wheel angle and it has been fine since.
Sometimes it's a craps shoot with these systems, but the garage called the techies in Detroit because of the weird results they were getting, and that's what they were told. (I hope they're right!)

Andy

Members online

No members online now.
Back