Weight off the nose

If WOT AFR is indeed at 12.5:1, you're definitely leaving power on the table there.

mustang guys would disconnect the front sway bars and i know a twin turbo mark7 guy who would sensor raise the front to promote weight transfer.

Gut the car and start replacing panels with fiberglass/kevlar etc. That'll save a lil weight ;)

I also recently decided I may run the Hoosier QT Pros this year also. The QT Pros in the size I need are going to be 11# lighter PER TIRE! :eek::cool: Between this, the battery and other weight reducing measures and the new dynotune I think the car is going to really honk down the track this year. I wouldn't put it past this car at all to crack below a 13.22 I'm reducing the weight of the car from its previous state by about 100# of which about half of that is going to be reduced rotational mass/friction. I have an itch to remove the passenger seat but I haven't decided yet. If I do that, it could all become interesting pretty quick as I think the passenger seat weighs a whopping 62ish # if I recall correctly.

Btw, racecougar I found out after reviewing my graph that the air fuel ratio is closer to 12.7. So a little bit better but maybe not completely there yet BUT that was in 98 degree temperatures when my car was pulled. It was super hot in there. LOL. Does this mean it will run even more rich in the cool of spring? :(

Race day is tomorrow, so I went and got it weighed. I took my car to the local scale with the racing battery behind my driver's seat and on the street tires out back. I deducted 42# for the full sized battery up front and 5# per tire on the back to compensate for the lighter Hoosiers. The car will weigh 3867# with me in it and just under a half tank of gas.:cool: And it is definitely feeling lighter as I left with my buddy and pretty much just laid rubber down the entire onramp. No traction at all. Well, ok it finally hooked up at like 60 mph. LOL

Cause this is a drag car why not put mustang breaks up front it will be less rotating mass and the calipers are lighter
I also happen to have some for sale.

Cause this is a drag car why not put mustang breaks up front it will be less rotating mass and the calipers are lighter
I also happen to have some for sale.

But the brakes don't move with wheel so there won't be any difference in the rotating mass.

Members online

No members online now.
Back