Oil Level Sending Unit Obsolete

eglade

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to find an Oil Level Sending Unit for a 97 Mark VIII 4.6L. My mechanic has exhausted his sources with no luck.
Thanks in advance for your help.

rockauto.com lists two different brands for sale.

Capture.jpg

I did not realize that I needed to carefully phrase my posts.
My mechanic just notified me "his guy and/or dealer" did not have part listing, not that he scoured every source looking for a part. I've come to expect this with this car and automatically "assumed" he had exhausted resources. I don't hold it against him though, I know he will find a solution, though the link (Thanks rrudd2) has saved valuable time. With an AMA Pro Racing operation to manage as well as an independent shop with customers lining up every day I can cut him some slack.
Very few mechanics have extensive knowledge of a vehicle out of production for 15 years that has little value or interest outside this forum and I thank him for assisting me with keeping mine on the road.

Last edited:
how did you determine it's faulty? light stays on, doesn't come on, or DTC? if mine went bad I doubt I'd spend >$100 to replace it, unless it's doing something the dip stick isn't?
if the dash light stays on a tune could resolve that....if you think parts are hard to find for a gen 2, try owning a '96

Eglade thats good to hear there are to many lazy and or dishonest mechanics out there and they seem to find mark people all the time.

Maybe he has a used car for sale

I lol'd

if mine went bad I doubt I'd spend >$100 to replace it, unless it's doing something the dip stick isn't? if the dash light stays on a tune could resolve that....if you think parts are hard to find for a gen 2, try owning a '96

Def a junkyard find, no way I'd spend 100+ on one either.

Members online

No members online now.
Back