Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords Coyote Swap

falcon50

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of an article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords about swapping a Coyote 5.0 into a Mark VIII? He said they talked about a kit to do this swap. He is going to try and find this issue.

Has anyone heard of an article in Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords about swapping a Coyote 5.0 into a Mark VIII? He said they talked about a kit to do this swap. He is going to try and find this issue.

He who?

A kit? Someone has to successfully swap one in before a"kit" can be made.

The engine itself should bolt right in, but you will need the Ford Racing ECU setup to run it, and if you want to keep the Lincoln pieces functioning (message center, speed sensitive lowering) you will probably have to leave the orginal ECU as well and feed it signal inputs.

Shouldn't be a hard one to find, I'm sure most of the information would fill the entire magazine

The engine itself should bolt right in, but you will need the Ford Racing ECU setup to run it, and if you want to keep the Lincoln pieces functioning (message center, speed sensitive lowering) you will probably have to leave the orginal ECU as well and feed it signal inputs.

I couldn't imagine it will be that tough to the electrical hobbyist. The anti-lock brake system should have its own computer and just needs to know when the engine is running. I'd imagine the same for the air ride, air bags, etc. Ford Racing should have some options on making everything work for the everyday Coyote-powered, swapped car. The fuel pump driver could be a different story though, and also vehicle speed sensor. I may not be 100% right though

I could see MM&FF doing a write up on a new 5.0 going into an sn95 or a fox..but a mark viii? Dunno about that.

He is thinking about the car craft issue where they say to buy a Mark and stroke it to a 5.0. They don't actually do it though. Other than Geno's coverage, that is the only time modding a mark has been in a mag.

If it wasn't so far away from me it would be a good buy and just sell the trans off to recoup some of the investment :confused:

Correct me if wrong but when you can buy a new 412hp 302 for about $6500, why would you pay $5700 for a used one with 17K? I would buy new!

Cause it comes with a transmission
More than likely the computer alternator wire harness too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back