2013-03-09_15-29-39_233.jpg

2013-03-09_15-32-58_692.jpg

2013-03-09_15-34-08_683.jpg

2006 Ford F250 King Ranch 6.0 powerstroke

2013-03-09_16-35-13_709.jpg

2013-03-09_16-36-09_701.jpg

2013-03-09_16-35-50_338.jpg

2013-03-09_16-38-14_165.jpg

I have plans for the both of them.. Tint for sure on the Buick and more engine mods on the powerstroke.

Very nice rides, Fast!

Nothing against it, but what was your reasoning behind getting the buick? Just curious. I'm sure there are some "cool" factors about the Buick that I don't know about.

Cool pics. I love that you can get Buicks with manuals these days.

Mainly the reason I got it

Lots more power to be coaxed out of the Buick with some tuning, too.

Trifecta can get like 70 hp but I'm kinda interested if the lnf gm performance parts will work with this engine... Since its pretty much the same thing with flex fuel..

Nothing against it, but what was your reasoning behind getting the buick? Just curious.

Thanks! I wanted a turbo manual. No reason in getting a gm, just something that was a lower mileage preowned. Right now, I have 30k free maintenance and a 60k bumper to bumper

I would have loved to have the 13 fusion but I would've owed 10k going from the Dart.. And there was no preowned ones that I could find to lower the difference.

Haha Good stuff

The Buick is probably pretty quick!

Where is the LS???????????

It's in storage for the winter.

It holds its own. The "twin scroll turbo" helps with low end torque tons but it does need a tune because it doesn't operate at nearly enough boost for the engine. The GS model has 50 hp more and everything is the same except for exhaust and something else I can't remember ATM.

Have you done the normal stuff to the 6.0 yet? Egr delete, studded, HPOP, blah blah. I'm looking at a 7.3 right now.

Egr was deleted when I bought it. I'm not sure on studs but ill probably have that checked when my taxes come back and get some injectors to throw in there. There really isn't any issues with the HPOP (maybe in the early 03s) but I know stand pipes for the injector rails could be an issue. I haven't tore into it too much but I want to make sure I have studs so I can turn up my tune.. I have it as hot as "recommend" without studs..

7.3? No 6.0? ;). I would've really wanted a 6.4 if it got better fuel economy

7.3! whoo! we have a 7.3. built ford tough. needed a wiring harness thing and a vac pump but that's about it. over 200k miles now.

my friend has a reliable 6.0 but the previous owner put a ton of money into it.

neat Buick. i like what they have built.
maybe call Livernois Motorsports and ask what they can do.
they are doing amazing things with the new turbo'd Taurus SHOs, some Camaro's, Raptors, all kinds of things. the work they turn out is just incredible.

7.3? No 6.0? ;). I would've really wanted a 6.4 if it got better fuel economy

I orginally started looking at 6.0's, but then decided if I was going to put that much money into making it solid I better look somewhere else. The 6.4 and 6.7 are waaaaaay out of my price range, and require the DPF delete and a tune to go along with it to even get decent MPG. So I've decided a 7.3, which is a work horse, and then snap a 11-13 front clip on there down the line. Sorry I could go on about diesels all day.

Me too... Too bad they're such a money pit though.. Haha

maybe call Livernois Motorsports and ask what they can do.
they are doing amazing things with the new turbo'd Taurus SHOs, some Camaro's, Raptors, all kinds of things. the work they turn out is just incredible.

It seems like anything towards late model performance is located in lower Michigan so there seems to be quite a few options. The owner from trifecta owns a turbo regal also and the Dyno sheet shows about a 70 hp gain. Which I think there can be more brought out of it. The only thing I'm concerned about is fuel economy as this is my work car and I travel 800+ miles a week so I can't go down to the GS mileage at 26...... Which is pitiful for a 4 cylinder IMHO.

No inside pics?

I like having a truck for a second vehicle. Very practical in case i need to tow or haul something.

Trifecta can get like 70 hp but I'm kinda interested if the lnf gm performance parts will work with this engine... Since its pretty much the same thing with flex fuel..

My personal opinion, from owning and modding a LNF engine and being on several forums, is that there are better/safer options out there than Trifecta. It is a bit more cost, but I would highly recommend HP Tuners and a reputable tuner to help. I have both, and am easily around 400HP at the crank with a simple turbo swap while getting better fuel economy than stock. Not bad for a 2.0L. :cool: I know there was a guy on the Cobalt forum that went to a Buick and swapped some of his mods over, so I am sure there are lots of possibilities with interchangeability.

No inside pics?

Of the truck? She's a mess right now because of switching vehicles back and forth for work. Plus, I need a new arm rest because mine is all dried out and looks like sh!t :shifty: haha

Both nice rides, All bases covered. Congrats!

Thanks!

My personal opinion, from owning and modding a LNF engine and being on several forums, is that there are better/safer options out there than Trifecta. It is a bit more cost, but I would highly recommend HP Tuners and a reputable tuner to help. I have both, and am easily around 400HP at the crank with a simple turbo swap while getting better fuel economy than stock. Not bad for a 2.0L. :cool: I know there was a guy on the Cobalt forum that went to a Buick and swapped some of his mods over, so I am sure there are lots of possibilities with interchangeability.

Thanks for the incite! Fuel economy is the major factor but having a little more power for screwing around is nice too.. I'll check that out

It's tuned really good right now and a WOT run will only give a slight puff of smoke.

man, half the fun of driving around a big ole truck like that is releasing all that beautiful black smoke! lol I've been hearing those 6.0s have been making good power!

i'm pretty sure this is the country boy version of a really sweet burn out!
Do You Smoke?-Then YOU better watch this - YouTube

you know what them dodge guys say, you aint making serious power if you aint making serious smoke! rofl

i was watching that one the other night and a friend and i about laughed our selves off the couch with that one.

Members online

No members online now.
Back