Lower Balljoint in 37 mins beat that!

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Heard some noise in wives LS when I drove it. She was driving to see Celtic Woman at 5:30. I pull car in garage @5pm. Shoot pass lower balljoint is real loose. Tell her gonna do balljoint and time me. Out of garage at 5:37. Elbows and butt holes. LOL Got maybe 15K out of the Turkey made lower balljoint. Most likely from the super thin boot rubber that rips just looking at it. I put sealer on it but most likely got crud in it.

Did you try to set a record when typing that? :p

Not bad. One time I changed out a front hub in 38 minutes.

Did you try to set a record when typing that? :p

Not bad. One time I changed out a front hub in 38 minutes.

Oh man don't talk about front hubs. First time I pulled them out of this car they took hours each side. They where frozen in like Russian winter.

Wow. What press setup did you use? Took me forever just to get a good alignment of the jigs. Granted, I was using the parts store rental screw press.

I am a machinist. I made some units to get them out the first time I did it and they went into the balljoint press kit. I have the same balljoint press that you get at parts store. To get out old balljoint fast just cut the stud off with whizzer wheel. It makes it nice and short so press can fit over it and zap it right out.

well it only took me a couple hours to replace the upper CA on the drivers side. Thanks to all the clips facing against the firewall making almost impossible to get the reservoir out. Longest control arm replacement ever.

I'm planning on doing both lower ball joints on mine soon. Not really looking forward to it. It's been pushed back on the agenda due to trying to get the frickin' thing to quit missing and stuttering. Still fighting it. I hope I can get my balljoints done in 37 hours, not minutes. :)

I am a machinist. I made some units to get them out the first time I did it and they went into the balljoint press kit. I have the same balljoint press that you get at parts store. To get out old balljoint fast just cut the stud off with whizzer wheel. It makes it nice and short so press can fit over it and zap it right out.

can you post a picture? thx

Members online

No members online now.
Back