Raced 2 Turd SUV's and a PRIUS...

2002WRXSTi

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Well not really raced but here is the senario. Left the Best Buy by me as I just picked up an Open Box HERO3. Leave the store and of course light is turning red with 2 Jap SUV's in the slow lane. So I take the left hand lane as around 5 or 6 hundred feet I have to take the right hand turn off and merge with a highway.

So anyway I see a Prius took the exit going the wrong way all the way on the right. He pulled across the turn off lane lines about a car and half length ahead of me also waiting for the light to change.

Light changes and I goose it a bit and get right out in front of the SUV's as I thought I would. However that damn Prius tried to fend me off in the shoulder/slow lane :eek:

I had to go about 3/4 throttle or a bit more to keep him from screwing up my turn off! Was actually kinda shocked that lil Hybrid had so much snot off the line :confused:

electric motor means instant torque. not bad if it will run the electric motor with the gas motor.

What I was basically thinking but you hardly think of Prius drivers as people that floor it off the line?

I did get passed by one while I was doing a high rate of speed and he had to be going faster than I thought they were regulated for to do :shifty:

al gore III got pulled over doing 100.
looks like the top speed is around 105.
the newer model can do like 110.

and, i've seen a video of one on a drag strip. :lol: 0-60 in around 10 seconds.

besides, every prius driver i have ever met was more worried about what people thought of them than the environment. "look look. i have a prius!"

one lady said "i don't care about the mileage! its just a cute little car." wrong. its kinda ugly...
besides, the strip mining and production of the batteries does more harm to the environment than any lincoln ever will.

al gore III got pulled over doing 100.
looks like the top speed is around 105.
the newer model can do like 110.

and, i've seen a video of one on a drag strip. :lol: 0-60 in around 10 seconds.

besides, every prius driver i have ever met was more worried about what people thought of them than the environment. "look look. i have a prius!"

one lady said "i don't care about the mileage! its just a cute little car." wrong. its kinda ugly...
besides, the strip mining and production of the batteries does more harm to the environment than any lincoln ever will.

Not to mention they have to ship pieces from several different countries
I'm really hoping its one of those types of cars that develops catastrophic failures and they'll all just vanish one day

Not to mention they have to ship pieces from several different countries
I'm really hoping its one of those types of cars that develops catastrophic failures and they'll all just vanish one day

Unfortunately the guy who works at a shop in my building bought one with 100k on it for his wife from an auction. It runs fine with no problems at all. I figured the battery would be about ready to bite it at that milage but who knows?

Guy at work was telling us he read an article about how they are horrible for the enviroment. The place they make the batteries in Canada has like a 5 mile radius of barren waste land because the batteries are so harmful.

Guy at work was telling us he read an article about how they are horrible for the enviroment. The place they make the batteries in Canada has like a 5 mile radius of barren waste land because the batteries are so harmful.

The batteries in a Prius Hybrid are more harmful to the enviornment than the gas emissions over a lifetime of any regular vehicle. The rare earth metals and the process to mine them destroy local enviornments and release toxic cancer causing chemicals into the water system. Areas in China where they mine most of these metals see very high cancer rates assocciated with these metals.

I just blew a Prius off the road this morning on my way to work. He was trucking along at a liesurely 45mph in a 55mph zone and I couldn't stand it any longer. As soon as the yellow line broke I nailed it. I'll bet that eco nut tree hugger pi$$ed his pants when the Hot Rod Lincoln screamed past him with the glasspacks wailing wide open! :lol:

Oh and go on YouTube and check out Jeremy Clarkson talking about the Prius. He details how the materials, mostly nickel and other metals are mined in Canada and shipped to China for assembly. Then the batteries are shipped back to Japan for installation in the cars which are then shipped to other countries. The mining process is extremely dirty and harmful to local ecosystems and then there's all the emissions from the various trucking and shipping vehicles prior to final production. The Prius is a horrible, nasty, dirty, greasy, stinky, yucky, crappy, ugly little piece of shyte excuse for a car that should die a horrible agonizing death as soon as possible.

There are a lot of videos on YouTube about how nasty the Prius really is. Including one I made.:D

If you let a Tesla die completely, without charging, it cost $14,000 to replace the batteries. I seen that on "Shipping Wars" when dip $hit delivered the black wrapped Tesla in the back of his trailer. It is a good looking car though, not the Prius... I would have a Tesla, if I had that kind of money. I think the guy said that one he was shipping cost around $110,000 but I'd be mad if the power ever went out for 5 or 6 days and the cars batteries died. $14,000 is steep for a fix. I'd be buying a $400 generator, just for the car to stop that from happening. Forget plugging in the refrigerator, plug in the battery charger... :D

The Tesla Model S is a flat out bad a$$ ride! I would love to have one. 0-60 in 4 seconds and "supposedly" 265+ mile range. And it's a damn good looking car. Plus it's REAR-WHEEL-DRIVE as God intended!!! The Tesla may be stupid expensive but it proves that an all electric car doesn't have to be a weak, slow, ugly, little wrong-wheel-drive tin-can-on-wheels. I'd love to silently blow a Prius off the road with a Tesla! That would be awesome!

Oooohhh...I start talking about the Tesla and I get all excited :D

5b5d6d77-8e72-331e-b95c-163fda9dcc1f.jpg 96fe4d0c-1e09-3fc9-b0ea-09518d63a6db.jpg

a463510d-18a7-331e-a319-8c8f2c90f8ef.jpg Tesla Model S.jpg

82cf4ef9-3ace-3a29-af2f-ec1d0beed056.jpg 9a0ac795-522d-35be-b304-8bf6abada0ed.jpg

5a4ab7df-e97a-38bd-b90f-7f5ba2296cde.jpg

Such an awesome car!!! But too flippin' expensive :(

5b5d6d77-8e72-331e-b95c-163fda9dcc1f.jpg

96fe4d0c-1e09-3fc9-b0ea-09518d63a6db.jpg

a463510d-18a7-331e-a319-8c8f2c90f8ef.jpg

Tesla Model S.jpg

82cf4ef9-3ace-3a29-af2f-ec1d0beed056.jpg

9a0ac795-522d-35be-b304-8bf6abada0ed.jpg

5a4ab7df-e97a-38bd-b90f-7f5ba2296cde.jpg

I like it but prefer the 2 door over the 4 door Model S but I would have either one.

Yeah the 2 door Roadster is nice. But it's not available anymore I don't think. And it's basically a Lotus Elise with an electric motor. And the Roadster only has a range of about 100 miles if you don't run the a/c or anything else. The Model S is brand new and not based on any other vehicle. I do wish they would make a 2 door version. But it still looks nice. And it has an active air suspension with driver selectable height adjustment.
suspension.jpg
Plus it just won Motor Trend's Car Of The Year award for 2013. It's the first time in the history of the COTY award that the winner wasn't powered by an internal combustion engine. That's quite and achievement.

suspension.jpg

The 4 door kinda has the look of a Jaguar in a way. It's nice looking, I'll give it that but the price will always keep it out of my hands lol

Yeah. That is a drawback. $100k is a bit pricey. Maybe in 10 years or so they'll be affordable like old Mark VIII's :D But by then the batteries will be junk and replacing them will cost more than the car is worth...

Yeah the 2 door Roadster is nice. But it's not available anymore I don't think. And it's basically a Lotus Elise with an electric motor. And the Roadster only has a range of about 100 miles if you don't run the a/c or anything else. The Model S is brand new and not based on any other vehicle. I do wish they would make a 2 door version. But it still looks nice. And it has an active air suspension with driver selectable height adjustment.
View attachment 828454473
Plus it just won Motor Trend's Car Of The Year award for 2013. It's the first time in the history of the COTY award that the winner wasn't powered by an internal combustion engine. That's quite and achievement.

I think the only thing it shares with the Elise is the windshield? When I saw this in the Staging Lane it did not look like a Elis Tesla Electric in Lanes

The Tesla roadster is "based on" the Lotus Elise platform. Of course Tesla Motors changed a few of the cosmetic details to make it unique. But the overall design and chassis is basically Lotus Elise.

tesla-elise 5.jpg tesla-elise comparo.jpg

tesla-elise 4.jpg tesla-elise 3.jpg

tesla-elise 2.jpg

You can see the similarities. It's kinda like the Camaro/Firebird, Mustang/Capri, Thunderbird/Cougar/Mark VIII, Taurus/MKS, Fusion/MKZ and myriad other vehicles that share platforms. They have cosmetic differences to differentiate them but underneath, they are the same car. Bu I honestly have to say I like the Tesla's looks better.

tesla-elise 5.jpg

tesla-elise comparo.jpg

tesla-elise 4.jpg

tesla-elise 3.jpg

tesla-elise 2.jpg

The Tesla roadster is "based on" the Lotus Elise platform. Of course Tesla Motors changed a few of the cosmetic details to make it unique. But the overall design and chassis is basically Lotus Elise.

View attachment 828454508 View attachment 828454509

View attachment 828454510 View attachment 828454511

View attachment 828454512

You can see the similarities. It's kinda like the Camaro/Firebird, Mustang/Capri, Thunderbird/Cougar/Mark VIII, Taurus/MKS, Fusion/MKZ and myriad other vehicles that share platforms. They have cosmetic differences to differentiate them but underneath, they are the same car. Bu I honestly have to say I like the Tesla's looks better.
Uh no, total amount of parts shared between those cars is 7%
The Tesla is not a Converted Lotus Elise

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle! I stand corrected. Mark this date on yer calendars folks! I was wrong and admitted it! :)

I said the same thing you did to an engineer acquaintance of mine. He shot me down fast with this.

Members online

No members online now.
Back