LED inside lights

dnsherrill

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
replacing inside lights (168's) with LED's...this bulb socket came out of the plastic box at the bottom of the driver door...anyone know how to get that box out to reset the socket without breaking the plastic?
P2180165_zpsbdc08e7f.jpg

---
also, I've tried two bulbs so far (driver door bottom and 1of2 overhead reading)...neither one works...wth?
these are the ones I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/39052450883...eName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
I paid $13....not the current price

Remove the door panel

They don't look like the right bulbs, do your originals work in the sockets you tried?

that's about what I was thinking as I wondered if I was gonna bust it up, then I called it a night...is there some secret to these bulbs? or did I just grab two duds to start with?

Try flipping the bulbs around the contacts are polarity sensitive those should be the right bulbs for the socket.

So if the bulb doesn't work one way spin it around and it should work.

Remove the door panel
shameless question I need a quick answer on...how do I remove the drv door panel? last time I did that was about 6 years ago when the pwr window sw lost the auto down function

Two screws. One down at the courtesy light at the bottom of the door, the other behind an access panel (think it's the one by the armrest, I forget). Helps to also remove that wedge-shaped trim piece at the very front of the window. Door panel comes straight up, it's hooked in with these plastic hooks that are really easy to break (ask me how I know).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and the trim piece around the door latch gotta come off too, and pop the window button panel loose; it's gotta be able to turn to come through its hole in the door panel.

In your pic above, there's a rusty screw, remove that. Then remove the one behind the inner handle bezel. Remove the bezel by sliding a flat tip screw driver behind the lower rear corner of it and lift outward slightly and repeat the same on the front lower corner. Pull handle and remove bezel. Remove window button panel and unplug it. Remove the triangle cover for the rear view mirror.

On a Gen 1 there is a bolt behind the hand grip .. I dunno the easy way to remove it, every Gen 1 I've had , the plastic was broken right there from someone else removing the panel the wrong way.

Once you've got the screws out and the bolt, lift the panel from the bottom and it'll pop loose

into it now, I remebered I have two door panels from a '94...so I looked at those...yep, a couple plastic hooks are already damaged/broken...
figured I just pull the whole thing off and see if I can meake the door lock shaft/button slide up/down easier (no luck, tired motor)
----so now I'm looking at swapping the (good) small speaker at the top from the extra panel into my d/d panel where the speaker is dead
---all I needed to do was reset the little light socket, now it's a big deal; curse you Mark VIII :bash:

eh, no need to swap spkrs...noticed that it never got plugged in from last time the door panel was off

Members online

No members online now.
Back