Staggered wheels for Ls8

staggered wheel sources?

Does anyone know of a staggered wheel source for the LS? I just love the VIP look it gives the LS. I know not everyone agrees with this setup. But i drive no more than 45 miles a day and roads around here are smooth. Any suggestions?

Does anyone know of a staggered wheel source for the LS? I just love the VIP look it gives the LS. I know not everyone agrees with this setup. But i drive no more than 45 miles a day and roads around here are smooth. Any suggestions?

I'm going to try and be gentle with you here and try to explain what you need to look for since you're new.

If you are going for a "Width" stagger:

Look for staggered sets that will fit the STR. They were originally equipped with 18" x 9.5" wheels in the rear and 275/35-18 tires. The fronts were 18 x 8.5 and 245/40-18 tires 60 mm offset front and rear. Now since you want to run 20s, you will be keeping the offset, tire width, and wheel width. I have heard of some running 10" wide in the rear but, not sure what that does for the clearance. Anywho, in theory, you should be fine if you maintain the widths. So, your only issue is the Aspect Ratio. I can tell you this for sure. You will not be able to run a 275 mm 20" tire without going larger on overall tire diameter and that is going to be a problem for the clearance issue. Your only other options are going to 19" or doing some serious body and suspension work.

Also, IIRC, the offset of the STR wheels may have taken the brake caliper clearance into account.

If you are considering a "Tire Height" stagger, I wouldn't advise it. But, who the hell am I.

Members online

Back