How much should I sell my LS for?

istylo

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I want to sell my LS soon. Its a silver 2002 v8 non-SST with the chrome wheels and body moldings. Black interior. 149k miles clean title.

Im replacing the alpine cdplayer with a known good one since this one wont give me my cd's back.
Im about to give it new brakes all around if I can find an EBC vendor who carry LS brakes.
Lower control arm and ball joints are getting replaced at the same time since I have the parts already.
It needs a clockspring and dccv I will hopefully get to it soon.

I just did new coils and sparkplugs and O2 sensors all the way around and the vcg's were done a few years back. Battery and alt done in 2009.
Fuel pickup was replaced 2011

The car was in an accident in 2010 when i let my brother drive the car everything infront of the radiator was replaced including the radiator, all work was done at a Ford dealership.
There is scratches on the passenger rear door from my wife rubbing against something at a gas station.
Starter died as i started typing this post, so ill rebuild it and be on my way.

Im just need to free up room in my driveway and garage before i go back to afghanistan in may. i like the car and drive it every so ofthen. just drove it to dc and back which is a 400mi round trip and averaged about 24.7mpg highway it did wonderfully except the suspension didnt like those horrible roads.
Im thinking after i replace everything i mentioned i should start it off at $2500 and go from there. These cars are on cl for 4k with these issues unfixed, so 2500 should warrent a quick sell. Has been a trouble free car and never stranded me.

id start a little higher and be ready to come down... good luck my friend

I was thinking starting at 2500 and coming down to 2000 if need be, am I short selling the car at this price?

Hampton Roads craigslist under Virginia is my market would copy and paste but im on a ps vita.

your good... I think start a little higher, If you dont get much action, then lower.

or lower on spot if you do get someone on the fence... repairs talk. (IMO)

The repairs will be done before I put it forsale. I dont like selling cars that need work unless its cosmetic.

If you fix all the stuff I'd start it between $3k-$4k. If not $2500 is a good staqrting point.

Something to consider. If you are asking for quite a bit less than the going price, people will assume that there's something wrong with it.

First, be safe out there. I commend you and thank you for your service.
Second, don't let your family drive it (or anything else) anymore. :)
Third, don't sell it. I am from the District area (yes, our roads ARE NOT GOOD lol) so you can leave it at my place for storage until you get back.
Fourth, if you fix all of that, you're selling too low. Don't fix it. Sell as is and you can make a couple of grand. May is a long time and you should be able to sell by then. None of these are MAJOR issues.
Last, again, be safe.

No, that was the first and last time I'll let anyone drive the car. But he did compensate me by giving me a car of his.

This is the market I'm up against I think I can sell it pretty quick http://norfolk.craigslist.org/searc...=&query=lincoln+ls&srchType=T&minAsk=&maxAsk=

I'm going to fix it I cant stand not to, and I have to sell it because I need to garage 3 other cars while I'm gone, 2 evo's and a Conquest. The Odyssey will be in the driveway and the rest in a garage.

I think the LS will serve someone better to be used rather than, letting it sit. Everytime I've let it sit for more than a month something broke while I was gone! LoL

Also, I'm pretty sure my wife will pull the trigger on a 2013 Fusion while I'm gone. I let her sit in a fully loaded one at the D.C. auto show and she hasnt stopped talking about it ever since.

I'll keep it safe in Afghan I've been every year for the last few years lol, 1 yr and 1 month home then go again. I did get pretty ****ed up the last go around lol spinal cord injury and vertigo from the same incident and I cant hear for **** anymore haha Thx!

I was supposed to go to the show too. I ended up cancelling because my best friend's wife is prego (their first) and she wasn't doing too well. Sick pretty bad. Doing better now, though.

Sounds like it may be time to hang the old gun and boots up, man.

It was good I missed it last year for obvious reasons but this year was decent, then I saw pics for the Chicago one and it was a whole lot better.

Not hanging anything up, I'm nowhere near retirement lol. Or my wife is nowhere near being a dentist yet lol

Been almost a year and I still haven't sold it yet lol

Wow really? Have you thought about an entry level autotrader.com listing? Tons of eyeballs on that site too.
I bought my 2000 LS8 even though it had had a front end accident and partial salvage/rebuilt title. Front end/engine/ Trans all replaced but got it for $4500 and it's been a good car.
And a great big thank you for your service, are you home now or deployed again?

Wow really? Have you thought about an entry level autotrader.com listing? Tons of eyeballs on that site too.
I bought my 2000 LS8 even though it had had a front end accident and partial salvage/rebuilt title. Front end/engine/ Trans all replaced but got it for $4500 and it's been a good car.
And a great big thank you for your service, are you home now or deployed again?

I've been home for about a month now. I really do need to get started on preping this car for sale. Didn't know auto-trader had an entry level for sale section.

I still need a 6disk cd player and clock spring.

Car still runs strong. Just below 150k on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back