02 lincoln ls no reverse

vonholt53

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i have a 02 lincoln ls the reverse is not working all the other gears work perfect been driving it wit no reverse for a few months now im wondering if any thing else besides the internalsof the tranny could cause this problem before i do the not so easy job of dropping the trans and rebuilding it any help would be greatly appreciated thanks, dustin

a few months?!?!?!? how do you do that???

Prob, need to start shopping tranny's

it was probably something simple to begin with (solenoid/ valvebody related) now you probably have serious issues.

ok thanks for the info how hard is the valvebody to change do u have to drop the tranny to do that yes i drove it wit out reverse for a few months didnt have the cash to get it lookked at at the time i was told by a guy that rebuilds transmissions that it would be ok to drive it wit out reverse just to be easy wit it all other gears are working good still. thanks

No you don't have to drop the tranny its on top of the filter not that hard to do

How to ship to Brooklyn ny 11205 I need it if u still have it thank you

It feels like my 02' ls v8 is also losing reverse
It engages real rought sonetimes it feels like it dont want to.

Does any1 have any ideas?? :(

It feels like my 02' ls v8 is also losing reverse
It engages real rought sonetimes it feels like it dont want to.

Does any1 have any ideas?? :(

If I understand correctly you're getting delayed engagement into reverse? That would be the solenoid pack. A "search" will give you all the information you need.

I HATE internet speak..........

Im sorry typing on my phone. After a bunch of research thats what ive been reading the solenoid pack. I just want to see if anybody else on here had any ideas. I just dont wana install that part and it not fix the problem.

I have a solenoid issue too, but it doesn't involve the reverse, my reverse issue was too much oil/old oil.

I swapped out my oil and filter and reverse works perfect now.

Don't ask me about 3rd to 4th shift once in awhile.

I'm sorry typing on my phone. After a bunch of research thats what ive been reading the solenoid pack. I just want to see if anybody else on here had any ideas. I just don't want to install that part and it not fix the problem.

Delayed engagement from D-R-N-R-D-N is classic solenoid pack failure. It starts out intermittently and gradually gets worse. It starts out as a slight, second or so delay and grows to a few second delay.

If you want a guarantee have the dealer diagnose the problem. It will be ~$100 well spent for your piece of mind.

I have a buddy that does my work for cheap just need ti know the correct problem

And that's my point.
At the least, you almost certainly have a failing solenoid assembly. You have the classic symptoms. You may or may not have other problems. You're very best bet is to replace the solenoid assembly (with new OEM, not some of the rip-off re manufactured).

Alternately, you can go to AAMCO or similar and be told the whole transmission needs to be replaced, and after it's replaced still have a non-working one.

Members online

Back