what is this part? and is it replaceable? help please

Jbeal

New LVC Member
Reaction score
this isnt of my car but what is this part because mine are rusted like crazy and i would like to know info about them thanks for the help.

IMAG1419.jpg

IMAG1419.jpg

That's the rear suspension brace. Ford still has those.

Is it rusted through? You may want to pull it and powder coat it. That's my plan. The bolts really are a pain in the arse, though.

they are rusted all the way through... how much do you think it would cost me for 2 of them and the bolts needed as mine will most likely not come out to easy

where could i get the oem parts for them does anyone have a link to anywere or would somewere like autozone have them?

No, no, and no... Go to the junk yard. You will only find them here, or from someone here selling them.

No, no, and no... Go to the junk yard. You will only find them here, or from someone here selling them.

damn alright no junkyards around me even have the car... if you see anyone on here selling them could you let me know

I am pretty sure that 93-98 thunderbirds have the exact same bracket.

they are rusted all the way through... how much do you think it would cost me for 2 of them and the bolts needed as mine will most likely not come out to easy

Holy chit..they're rusted through? What does the rest of your car look like if that's the case?? I'd find someone parting one out, out west or down south, they'll be solid and probably have the original paint on them even. Btw that's a nice car in that first pic!

Mine were holding on by a hope and a prayer. Ford had the brackets brand new dirt cheap. I coated them so they don't rust.

Let me tell ya... its a mother to do if your bolts strip or break or just spin.

You can still get them new from Ford.

I am pretty sure that 93-98 thunderbirds have the exact same bracket.

Thunderbirds, as we know them, ceased to exist after 1997. The same part was used in '89-'97 Thunderbirds/Cougars and '93-'98 Mark VIII's.

Holy chit..they're rusted through? What does the rest of your car look like if that's the case?? I'd find someone parting one out, out west or down south, they'll be solid and probably have the original paint on them even. Btw that's a nice car in that first pic!

mine rusted through. they were way rustier than the rest of the undercarriage.
mine car is far from spotless, but these things seem to rust very quickly.

Wow, I stand corrected. One of the few parts that are apparently still available.

Mine aren't bad at all, but i'll tell you this, I'd probably sell mine if I ever have to replace them. What a pita those can/will be, not worth the headache.

Must See!!!!!

Check out the newest thread by me.. I just plugged it here on oops.. lol

I call them the "dog legs", I have a solid set off the 97 I just parted out, pm me if interested other wise I bought mine from max last summer for around $50

Man, sounds like mine are relatively solid..the bottoms have flaking paint but the tops still wear the factory paint..I'll have to hit them with some POR15 or something so they don't continue to rust.

Both mine are completely rusted thru where they bolt up to the rubber material. I have not noticed any negative side effects, so I don't plan on wasting my time replacing them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back