My LS' Progress

About damn time you stopped being a cheap ass with no exhaust.

Mark, you got those on there quick!

Little tough to hear it over crappy computer speakers, but i am sure they sound great. Big fan of Magnaflows, have had them on other vehicles in the past.

Yea it was tough to really hear the magnaflows, especially in park lol

I think a quick take off video is needed. Also did you keep the resonators?

Mark, you got those on there quick!

Little tough to hear it over crappy computer speakers, but i am sure they sound great. Big fan of Magnaflows, have had them on other vehicles in the past.

It's all low tones, so a subwoofer + decent speakers are needed to hear them.

The setup is very quiet at low throttle, or when coasting - it's the same as stock IMO. At 1500-2000 RPM there is a nice tone, all the way up to 3000 when the engine takes over.

Yea it was tough to really hear the magnaflows, especially in park lol

I think a quick take off video is needed. Also did you keep the resonators?

I'll make some more videos, don't you worry :) The resonators are still in place, as LSInBmore said there was too much drone when he took his off. I might end up taking them out and installing an x-pipe if I decide to make the setup louder, but it won't happen anytime soon with all these upcoming expenses. I will need new coils in a short time, along with (possibly) a new belt, tensioner and some pulleys as I have an intermittent loud tick/click on cold startup. I also might buy a DA buffer and I will be doing my first DIY oil change this month, switching to synthetic. Lots of $$ to be spent :shifty:

I have that upper chamber after the cats on mine. That would have to go as well me thinks.

You can tell the difference in the vids. How do you like the sounds and volume so far?

Hi M4rk,

Nice LS, makes me want to get on detailing my paint because it looks like sh!t in comparison....and i live in CA where i dont have an excuse (no snow, sleet, rains a few weeks a year)

I had a question about your llumar air blue tint. When you are wearing sunglasses does it have that rainbow that other tints have? Or do you not even need sunglasses anymore inside because of all the tint?

I know in my mk8 with 20% all the way around and a windshield strip i didnt need sunglasses very often, but when i did wear them (polarized) all the tint had a rainbow effect, which was a little annoying.

You can tell the difference in the vids. How do you like the sounds and volume so far?

Love the sound, just wish it was a bit louder. Maybe I'll man up one day and throw in an x-pipe myself, and nuke the resonators.

Hi M4rk,

Nice LS, makes me want to get on detailing my paint because it looks like sh!t in comparison....and i live in CA where i dont have an excuse (no snow, sleet, rains a few weeks a year)

I had a question about your llumar air blue tint. When you are wearing sunglasses does it have that rainbow that other tints have? Or do you not even need sunglasses anymore inside because of all the tint?

I know in my mk8 with 20% all the way around and a windshield strip i didnt need sunglasses very often, but when i did wear them (polarized) all the tint had a rainbow effect, which was a little annoying.

Thank you kindly, but my paint is nothing to brag about, it's all in the lighting. I just bought some 1000W halogen lights, which make my paint look grey :p

I don't recall seeing any rainbows with the Llumar Air Blue, 99% of the time. Now that you mention it though, I might've seen it once or twice, but I don't recall if it was from the inside or out, or how big. It must've been very minor as to not provoke my OCD. I wear polarized sunglasses at all times basically, even when it's overcast as my eyes are too sensitive. I'll pay closer attention to the rainbow effects from now.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions.

Haven't posted any updates in ages.

Right before winter I got a full set of Lloyd Rubbertite mats:

DSC_3037_s.jpg

DSC_3042_s.jpg

DSC_3266_s.jpg

And finally got some stealth turn signal bulbs off eBay a few weeks ago:

DSC_3538_s.jpg

DSC_3539_s.jpg

No car pics, we all know what the bulbs look like :shifty:

Those mats are sweet M4rk but why no end lips all around to avoid water run off ?
Do you have a link to those, looks interesting.

Bulbs: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/3157-3057-3357-CHROME-HYPER-WHITE-LIGHT-BULBS-PAIR-/121053656495
- These only took a week to get to me from CA, very impressed. Can't complain about the quality, but no one on eBay seems to sell the correct 3457 front turn signal bulbs, which are brighter than the 3157s.

Mats: http://matmycar.ca/products/custom_vehicle_floor_mats/rubbertite/

Those mats are sweet M4rk but why no end lips all around to avoid water run off ?
Do you have a link to those, looks interesting.

They seem to work well, I always try to get as much snow off as possible before entering the vehicle. But you are right, there are no end lips which is not ideal. I have a ton of sand/salt around the edges under the gas pedal.

ah ya, you click you heals like Alice before getting in to huh ?

Same here, even tell my invites to get the majority off before getting in.

ah ya, you click you heals like Alice before getting in to huh ?

Same here, even tell my invites to get the majority off before getting in.

Yep. No drinks or food in the car either.

My driver rear power lock just broke. I can hear the actuator working, and manual operation works, but it doesn't unlock the door. It also sounds different than the others, as if it were unloaded with no tension. I figure some clip must've broken. That'll be a little project for the spring time, along with a DIY transmission flush, differential fluid change and PS fluid change.

I allow a "Whopper" burger in my LS from time to time. Usually late at night.
Next day I always find some left overs. Ketchup/Mayo on seat belt is always a downer.

I actually used a led red bulb for my turn signals, kept it clear at the top and tinted the bottom red. looks way better then all reds in my opinion but you did a decent job on it, blended pretty good.....

hummmm you got me thinking...I always need to pull my windows down when I back into my garage because of my dark as tint, even with the garage lights on. Wonder if this would help...

Looks good btw

Members online

No members online now.
Back