What became of Shiloh?

lincoln_zero

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
K so Hawk03 Posted a Link in cboard47 Thread about making the V6 faster, and Reading through it I then found G-Rell's link to an even older thread started back in 2008 from Shiloh. I read through the whole thing (Some really silly and hilarious fighting in there between Quick and Lincoln ave)

Link: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=38271

So as I understand, Shiloh went through great trouble ordering parts, doing custom work, paying labor to install, and basically tons of issues worked through and time spent. Then we don't see him post a finished product. I checked his prof - nothing.

I can't help but be curious what happened? Did anyone find out if he finished?

And one more thing, if Quick and ILLS knew the ins and out about Turboing these V8's, how come they never bothered with Kits? Personally, I like the thought of Turboing my LS in the future.

Fill me in guys. Thanks.

Edit: Im fully aware that there's a lot of custom work. But they could have designed a tutorial and Kits, no?

K so Hawk03 Posted a Link in cboard47 Thread about making the V6 faster, and Reading through it I then found G-Rell's link to an even older thread started back in 2008 from Shiloh. I read through the whole thing (Some really silly and hilarious fighting in there between Quick and Lincoln ave)

Link: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=38271

So as I understand, Shiloh went through great trouble ordering parts, doing custom work, paying labor to install, and basically tons of issues worked through and time spent. Then we don't see him post a finished product. I checked his prof - nothing.

I can't help but be curious what happened? Did anyone find out if he finished?

And one more thing, if Quick and ILLS knew the ins and out about Turboing these V8's, how come they never bothered with Kits? Personally, I like the thought of Turboing my LS in the future.

Fill me in guys. Thanks.

Edit: Im fully aware that there's a lot of custom work. But they could have designed a tutorial and Kits, no?

Quik sold the basic supercharger kit at LLSOC. IIRC there were no takers. I believe it is still available.

I do remember Quick offering up kits. This was a long time ago. When was the last time Quick posted here?

how come they never bothered with Kits?

because everybody says they want one, but once its time for the rubber to meet the road, nobody has the money, designing kits would be a total $$$ and time loss.

and honestly, with the amount of custom work and tuning needed. you either know exactly what your doing and can get all the parts together and build it yourself, or you find a shop to do all the work for you and they can source the parts and do the building.

Alrighty, well that covers my question about the Kits. In other words, unless I wanna spend rediculous amounts of $$ SC my LS, don't bother.

What about Shiloh's V6 SC Build? Was curious what happened. The story goes unfinished...

Alrighty, well that covers my question about the Kits. In other words, unless I wanna spend rediculous amounts of $$ SC my LS, don't bother.

What about Shiloh's V6 SC Build? Was curious what happened. The story goes unfinished...

IIRC, you'll spend at least $3K to force-feed either engine.

Another questions for you guys; I'll hijack my own thread here.

Do the Bolt patterns for the 17'inch rims work for ALL models of the LS? (Like are the LS rims interchangeable between the years) Will the 2nd Gen Rims fit a first Gen?

And that $3K doesn't include any rear end work that might need to be done I take it.

Doesn't seem THAT Bad of a price tho.

with all the custom parts needed, that would be a killer deal and you would probable have to do alot of the work yourself. by the time all is said and done, i wouldnt be surprised at all if the price was anywhere between 5k and 10K.

by far the cheapest way to go would be a self contained blower like quicks, M90's can be found in just about every junk yard, and rebuild kits are not bad either. the biggest obstacle would be to have a custom intake manifold made. a friend of mine who is a junk yard ninja, has blown three 302's with M90s, and the last two hid was able to do for under $800 (far easier cars than the LS however) and you can wither mount them and run the boost pipe through the front for an intercooler, on mount them the other way and blow through a air-to-water setup. a certri or turbo will run you a lot more in parts and labor due to the complexity.

We were selling the kits for $5k with everything you needed - except for fuel system upgrade and tuning....

Took $500 off if you supplied your own M90 - as the ones included a snout rebuild (with overspun bearings).

Even with that - it was no minor job to install..... you still needed to deal with rerouting hoses, ...etc

Quick I'd love to purchase this kit from you! Or anything left over if possible! Thanks!

for the record, Quik's car was totaled, I doubt that he gets on here all that often anymore, you would be better off PMing him in case he has it set up to notify him when he receives a message...

I pm'ed him like a month ago, has not replied yet so it seems he's done with lvc.

or he just didn't want to reply haha

yeah I'm sure what ever time he does want to spend dealing with LS stuff, most of that is probably going to be over at LLSOC

Members online

No members online now.
Back