Wats next on ur Marks 2do list

new oil pressure sending unit and oil filter adapter gasket.
my oil leak is getting bigger...

then hunt down a trans fluid leak. i think its at the radiator side tank, so i'm just gonna bypass it. already have another cooler on it.

then trans fluid temp sensor install along with a fluid change and new gasket. the trans pan is wet, so its leaking there or at the dipstick o ring. probably change that too.

after that, it may get the K member dropped for a new oil pan gasket. i will have to see how much it is still leaking after the new opsu and gasket.

Rip out the interior and put in a bunch of sound deadening as I replace the speakers. Got my 5x7 C5 JL Audio components today:

speak.jpg

Take a lot of pics and how to do and donts I will b doing the same thing in a couple of months. A whole weekend project

I've got quite a bit to do, hoping to do it all at once in the coming months. I've got to get my transmission repaired, add my 3500 stall converter, replace my oil pan with my freshly powdercoated 2nd gen pan, replace oil pan gasket, filter adapter gasket, do steering shaft mod, add cobra manifolds, install my mandrel exhaust systems exhaust with my magnaflows, get a different 4.10 gear since mine whines badly, install alluminum radiator when I do the trans, install underdrive pullies...... I've got a lotta stuff to do this year.... hope I can get it all done this year this time.

Might even have myself a cobra double-R hood for it too

Trade for a fox mustang

Boooooo!

I need to fix the oil filter adapter gasket (leak is getting bad), valve cover gaskets (oil in a couple of the plug holes), find and fix a few mysterious rattles in the front and rear suspension, replace the clutch disc on the a/c compressor (squealing like a pig), new tires (P225/60R16 this time to correct the speedo), figure out what the frak is going on with my traction control, fix the headliner, get an LED strip to replace the non-working neon, finish LED-ing the rest of the lights on the car (parking lights, front turn signals, cornering lamps, license plate light, trunk light, CHMSL), new paint job, and a few other miscelaneous things here and there. And I'll get to all this stuff as soon as I win the lottery or start squeezing some child support out of my future ex :D Whichever comes first :rolleyes:

Hmm...

I'll try to remember everything.

-Terminator bumper from Temple Performance
-White-face gauges from Temple Performance
-Cobra R 4-piston Brembo brakes--all I need are some braided stainless brake lines.
-Polished Cobra intake
-Billet aluminum IMRC deletes (maybe)
-Accufab throttle body
-98 Cobra intake cams
-Aftermarket fuel rails
-Fuel lines from filter to rails with an adjustable regulator
-Kooks headers and the associated exhaust mods
-Wide-band O2 sensor (already mounted the gauge/brain box)
-Wrinkle black-powdercoated aftermarket intake tube
-Wrinkle black-powdercoated valve covers
-Powdercoated timing cover
-Powdercoated oil filter adapter
-Mezeire electric water pump
-Oil filter relocation kit
-1 3/8" front sway bar to match the rear
-Some various "new old stock" items that I've found

There are probably a few more items, but that's a pretty good list off the top of my head. I currently have all of those parts sitting in the garage, just haven't had the time necessary to tear into it.

I've been looking at getting a G8 GT to replace the 97 as the daily driver, so I've kinda been waiting on that, so I have a little bit more dependable car to drive while the 98 is torn apart.

Have to figure out if it's the upper or lower control arms that are squeaking up front? Then get a decent set of tires for the rear 17x9 rims that wont throw a code with the 245/45/17's up front :confused:

my 98 will require
-steering column repair as the in and out function of it quit working
-front shocks (leaking in about 4-6days of sitting)
-oil filter adapter gasket its leaking pretty bad now, steady drip until warm
-one sway bar link (everything else is new)
-alignment
-full exhaust system
-gears
-transmission service (its due)
-aluminum transmission cooler designed to cool a 48,000lb vehicle
-all new component speakers
-rear brakes
-buff and wax
-polish headlights (there not bad but its time again)

and other things i cant think of as its been put away for almost 2 months now

and during all this i have a 1998 mustang gt im doing up...bought with no engine have a spare mark viii 4v laying around im gonna toss in it

Damn that reminds me I have to fix my tilt section of my column. Goes in and out but not up and down :mad:

Just put a big pair of vise grips on it.

I once saw a thread on here of someone that made a bunch of new crossover caps that he was selling but I can't find the thread anymore or if he still has any. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to put a new one on in the event that I get the old one off.

I once saw a thread on here of someone that made a bunch of new crossover caps that he was selling but I can't find the thread anymore or if he still has any. Anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to put a new one on in the event that I get the old one off.

That was me. I haven't been able to make them for a while. I'm still looking for a place to have them made in the future though.

In the meantime, I've got a bunch of OEM caps in really good condition that I had powdercoated gloss black. I sell them for $18 shipped.

I just got in the rear section of my exhaust and two 45* pipes. They added them to the order with free shipping. I'm going to either have the rear section done or just wait until I get it all and have everything done at the same time. Anyway, exhaust is on my to do list. I haven't taken it for them to see it yet because it's been raining for about 6 days straight so, next week sometime, I'm going to let them lift it up and see what they recommend for the front section.

Not yet! :D

First I have to finish the oil filter adaptor gasket on the '96. :(

I bought a new gasket too. Just haven't been in the mood yet to tackle it. I already have the oil filter, just need to get the oil before I do the gasket. It's dripping about 3 drops over night so I figured I may as well get one and get it in before it gets any worse. I really don't feel like doing it though.

Guys, I put changing my oil adapter gasket off FOREVER, but believe me when I tell you - it's NOT that bad. Take of driver's side tire, go through the little subframe opening for three of the bolts with a long 3/8" extension and get the last bolt from under the car.

Full tune up and Oil change right now.infinity kappa 6x8 speakers, and kenwood amp and touch screen indash when I receive my tax return money.

I bought a new gasket too. Just haven't been in the mood yet to tackle it. I already have the oil filter, just need to get the oil before I do the gasket. It's dripping about 3 drops over night so I figured I may as well get one and get it in before it gets any worse. I really don't feel like doing it though.

me too! its oil filter adapter gasket season i guess. :lol:
i have much more than a few drops though...

Guess i need to get prepared for this as well, havent seen any signs of drippings but while im in the mood and doing some preventative maintenance anyway. Hell i may give it a go. Just depends on the difficulty

Members online

No members online now.
Back