Mark VIII with a body kit. Is it worth saving?

mark viii side skirts not bad.jpg
These are not too bad. Just a tad gaudy looking for my taste, but that's just me :)
mark viii side skirts real nice.jpg
This one looks awesome!
mark viii side skirts love it.jpg
And this is really nice. Personally, I never have liked ground effects. I thought the side skirts and front and rear bumper treatments on the factory '87-'93 Mustang GT was too "boy-racer" looking and preferred the much less "in your face" styling of the '93 Cobra. Anyhoo, that's my opinion.

mark viii side skirts not bad.jpg

mark viii side skirts real nice.jpg

mark viii side skirts love it.jpg

Wait thaywood..huh? 87-93 GTs had nearly the same ground effects as the 93 cobra..just the rear bumper was a bit more "tapered" upward and didn't hang as low. The 91-93 LX looked the best to me.

Wait thaywood..huh? 87-93 GTs had nearly the same ground effects as the 93 cobra..just the rear bumper was a bit more "tapered" upward and didn't hang as low. The 91-93 LX looked the best to me.

They were different. The only major difference was the lack of "scoops" on the Cobra vs. the GT. The ground effects on the Cobra, in my opinion, were much more tasteful than the ones used on the standard GT. Just the removal of those scoops made the world of difference. And I agree with the LX. No ground effects looks much better on the Fox Mustangs.

Cobra GT Comparo.jpg

Rear bumper was a little different too. I liked the Cobra better because of the polished exhaust tips and '83-'86 style tail lights.
cobra-gt rear.jpg

Cobra GT Comparo.jpg

cobra-gt rear.jpg

Members online

Back