I can't believe..

No telling what the reserve is. I doubt it will sell. Probably one of those $6,000 believers.

I didn't catch the reserve portion.

It's just hard for me to believe that this person is even serious about selling it.

Does ebay charge you if the car doesn't sell? Perhaps his reserve is set really high and is just trying to see what people are willing to pay for it.

I didn't catch the reserve portion.

It's just hard for me to believe that this person is even serious about selling it.

Does ebay charge you if the car doesn't sell? Perhaps his reserve is set really high and is just trying to see what people are willing to pay for it.

Not sure if they charge or not if he has it listed locally. Hey, it beats this one. It's "custom" too! :eek:

[url]http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/cto/3522282906.html[/URL]

Wow. :rolleyes: That anodized blue painted interior on that '93 looks like what my buddy started doing on his Honda back when we were in highschool, and THAT is a 2-time "international" show winner? Right. I bet it was done by Chip Foose, too. ;) :shifty:

I reported that ebay listing. A lot doesn't add up on that one.

The second on is clean, but not worth that kind of money.

Now I see the problem with the mileage. The very short description does look a little funny. I would however have a problem buying a car from someone with 0 transactions but when I started on eBay back in 04, I had 0 too. This could be their starting point...

There is a fee to setup a reserve and now that I think about it, it is going to cost him for this listing. I'm sure someone he knows has bid it up to $1000 and the car is not listed on CL, anywhere around you and that has me wondering but then again, you never know these days who you're dealing with on CL. Either way, it's not listed on there and I searched the area they claim to be from and can't find any local listing. Looks like eBay is it!

Ebay member since 11/16/12. New account. Mileage issue, lack of info, and feedback.. Equals walk away.

04/15/2011 LINCOLNSHIRE, IL 126,000 Independent Emission Source PASSED EMISSION INSPECTION

Ha! You can check the vehicle history report right there in the description. Where is he getting 97K from?

I 'bought' a 2004 C320 black/black with 96k miles from a guy who said nothing about being a dealer. I communicated with him at his request if I wanted to create a Buy It Now option. He said he wanted like $9250 or something, so I decided to wait it out. I got into a bidding war with someone else and the final price ended up being $9225. Hmm. After doing a fair amount of research and stealthing around, I discovered the guy had two other seller id's and was bidding his own stuff up... as a dealer. The car was nice, but he could offer no services or assurances at all and wanted me to take the car FOB to my door with no service records, no books, and one set of keys. A ya. A no.

Members online

No members online now.
Back