Flyerbrd

ONLYTONY

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know you guys like pics and different stuff. My brother in law built this back in the 70's down in Fl. I did get a chance to drive it once in Ca. It's a 69 Fire Bird convt, pick up. Looks normal with top down. The interior would be great in a MKVIII. Just a few things missing. It was legally registered in Fl and Ca.

FLYERBRD.jpg

FLYERBRD 2.jpg

Different, that's for sure, i think its cool that he had the vision and skill to build it, but if it were still around I'm sure he would be kicking himself considering what a 1st gen f body is worth nowadays.

Well thats different, pretty cool.

sooo....steering wheel? Is that what the lever in the center is? like a joystick?

Accel and brake pedals? or maybe its just the angle of the pic but I don't see them...:confused:

joy stick

Foward for gas, back for brake,Left and right. No electronics, they break At the top of stick stuff like signals,cruise,brake lock. Armrest swivels when you turn

Thats pretty dang cool. Really neat car, especially for being built in the 70's. Could do without the pick-up bed but for all that work he did, cool! :cool:

Thanks for posting i like pics and to see something different
but like others said the original is more my thing.
When driving it wouldn't it be hard to stay in your seat unless it has a racing harness?

idiot lts

Top center of dash little window= speed, and mpg. Hard to see there is a strip of amber led's for all the stuff, oil,water, hyd system.etc. Something goes wrong, amber lights then next to it a violet lights=backup system on. If the engine dies you can still steer and stop it. The bed has a trunk in it with spare tire. The roof (auto) folds down into the front of the bed. It has seat belts. Ready for England, you can drive it from either seat. It started as a $400. junk.

I'm with the others about liking the original Firebird better maybe, but that thing is really interesting, and it's cool he built it from a junk Firebird. Your bro in law must have really been ahead of his time to build something that advanced/unique back in the '70's!

Members online

Back