What is Your Favorite Town Car Style?

What is your favorite Town Car Styling years?

• Total voters
Well, I am 22 years old, and I like HUGE cars, but my age also sparks the need for a sporty look, the '98-'02 Lincoln Towncar combines both concepts. When I park my '99 next to my father's '97, it looks like the old man, vs. the young ALIVE teenager. I like the round look, even though I do miss the hood emblem; and it looks like a long sports car.

I'm the same way lol, 21 and in a 97 TC, I want to get in a 98-02 or newer though.

The 03 and up look much better than the 98-02, they have a squarer body, but not by much. I loved my old 93 though, It just had that perfect look, interior, everything. She was absolutely pristine body and interior wise, one of the rear windows was off the track and she was starting to knock, but she was definetely flawless otherwise.

def like the 95-97 style, but i have a special place in my heart for the 80's town car.....

+

1970's with 76-79 better. i'd have to take a way a few points from the 79's due to no 460 being available.

I totally agree with these two. I love the late-70's (especially the Town Coupe`s), 80's, and 95-97 Towncars. Also like the Mark V's and VI's, since those were brought up earlier. It's cool to see other young people into those big Marks (and Towncars). I fell in love with the Mark IV's when I was a kid, and bought mine for $1,000 when I was 15 (over 10 years ago) and have had it ever since. It may not be for everybody, but in my opinion, you just can't beat a nice, big cruiser.

'03 and up. I spotted this beauty one year at the International Car Show...

mini-DSC00427.jpg

A few months later, I found this one at a local dealer...

mini-DSC00474.jpg

i am all about the boxes, i have a 89, but i wouldnt mind an 05 up for cruising purposes

My Lincoln. The Blue Dust caps with the Octavo rims (bottom) is before, and the Chrome Diablo Morpheus Wheels (top) with the Blue Inserts are current.

FroZone Pt.2.jpg

Old FroZone.jpg

My favorite is the mark vi sedan. Second favorite is the 90 town car. Least favorite is the 98 up pregnant Chrysler lhs clone. Still would take ones over a caddie any day.

A triple white 86-89 TC Cartier would be mean as hell with 2 1/4" white walls. Another one would be a 97 TC Cartier, pearl white with ivory interior and sunroof. Or a 97 TC Cartier, burgundy with burgundy interior. I could go for a black Town Coupe' with red leather too 80 or 81. A designer series Mark VI would be sweet as well

I have owned four generations of the town car. Have had two 88's, a 90, 92, 94, 97 and 03. I like the 97 the best and that's the one I still have. It seems to me, and this is merely my opinion, but the 95-97 generation seems to retain the traditional luxury that was instilled with the Lincoln brand in the early sixties when they endured a major redesign to win back the customer base that had left Ford for Cadillac. The later generation is a very nice ride but goes in a different direction from the last of the classy Lincolns. Long strong lines and bold appearance. The 98 and on seems a little too egg shaped to be true to it's roots. I am not bashing them because they are nice like I have already stated but I don't feel a real connection until the latest model MKz.

I loved the late 80's look. There was no mistaking a TownCar for anything else back then.

I remember a TV commercial where a valet attendant was getting confused as to which GM car was which, but, when the Lincoln owner just walks up and says "Lincoln TownCar, please", off goes the valet attendant with no hesitation.

My 89 white/black TC Signature was gorgeous.

Members online

Back