Rear Sway bar links now PLASTIC

allornothing

LVC Member
Reaction score
I just had my 98 conti in the shop for a thumping sound in rear, sounded like something was banging around in the trunk. Well it turned out to be rear sway bar link. The shop said to replace both sides since the new one would probably cause strain on the old and it would break. Installed both about a week later and 500 miles I was going around a turn and bam I heard the same sound. I crawled under the car and looked, the new links are PLASTIC!
I couldn't believe it, shop replaced at no charge but when I asked about metal he said he couldn't get them anymore. Has anyone else had any experience with these, seems like a big heavy car for plastic. Supposedly has a one year warranty. I need to check with a dealer parts dept to see if they have metal. Doing a google search showed multiple pieces none looked exactly the same as what's on, I guess I need to get exact part#.

Happy Holidays to all, and I still love my Conti!

The links were plastic from the factory and replacements would automatically be the factory part unless specified to be metal.

Members online

Back