Rock Auto has ball joints, complete assembly with knuckle.

Considering the cruciality of the lower ball joint I wouldn't want them to fail. I've read on here and elsewhere that people were replacing those after 6 months or so.

Just my thinking here but I'd either get the Moog ball joint pressed in by a reputable shop, or break down and buy the knuckle with it already pressed in.

I have them installed on both sides since April and they work good so far.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82527

Considering the cruciality of the lower ball joint I wouldn't want them to fail. I've read on here and elsewhere that people were replacing those after 6 months or so.

Just my thinking here but I'd either get the Moog ball joint pressed in by a reputable shop, or break down and buy the knuckle with it already pressed in.

Can you post the links?

Last edited:
Can you post the links?

Sh!t, hold on.

*Edit - It's a tough one to find but I read it once where someone ended up replacing them after 6 months. Then amidst the recent search where people raise this question, I'm always suggesting what I suggest here, and recently since you've installed have mentioned the same thing. You and I sir are on two different wavelengths.

For me it comes down to what I think and brand preference. I tried comparing price but I don't see how they can sell something with equivalent quality at a third the price without missing something.

Last edited:
Sh!t, hold on.

*Edit - It's a tough one to find but I read it once where someone ended up replacing them after 6 months. Then amidst the recent search where people raise this question, I'm always suggesting what I suggest here, and recently since you've installed have mentioned the same thing. You and I sir are on two different wavelengths.

For me it comes down to what I think and brand preference. I tried comparing price but I don't see how they can sell something with equivalent quality at a third the price without missing something.

I think we're on the same page, I just wanted to read what I'm dealing with. I have read where the Mevotech's have not lasted on other cars but no with Jags or Lincolns with these particular ball joints. Don't know about something until you try and if/when they wear out I will report back but as of now they are still doing good. I still have my old knuckles waiting for new ball joints to be pressed in if/when the current ones fail.

Yeh, it was just hard to grasp the tone of your comment so I was a little nervous haha.

Keep us all informed. Wear on those parts can vary from LS to LS especially if you're dropped and on 20's or the like.

Dan Ro, did you end up buying these or did you go a different route?

As I have to finance the car from my cousin anything soon is basically out of the question. However I will probably find a parts car when I CAN afford it, I also found stock motorcraft parts on RockAuto for like $300

Thanks for the support guys, and I'll be on here more because I know y'all miss me!

I just purchased both sides of the new Mevotech steering knuckles with new ball joints for around $74 each side, and put them in. No issues whatsoever with them, but will be looking at the long term reliability. I could not justify buying ball joints and then paying a shop to hopefully press them out and in correctly for maybe $15 less expenditure per side.

I just purchased both sides of the new Mevotech steering knuckles with new ball joints for around $74 each side, and put them in. No issues whatsoever with them, but will be looking at the long term reliability. I could not justify buying ball joints and then paying a shop to hopefully press them out and in correctly for maybe $15 less expenditure per side.

I came to the opposite conclusion. I couldn't justify spending more money on a ball joint and knuckle of unknown quality. Especially since the knuckle isn't a wear item.

Members online

No members online now.
Back