Holy crap, my old ride!

RigsLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Flash back ~ Hello, the eighties called and want their car back!

I think it was an 1983, can remember correctly.

Camaro Z28, southern car, 350, 4 bolt main, 5 speed, headers & true duel exhaust.

EDIT again, EDIT, it was 1987

s77.jpg

s60.jpg

s59.jpg

s62.jpg

s61.jpg

s73.jpg

s66.jpg

s67.jpg

s71.jpg

s70.jpg

s68.jpg

s76.jpg

s74.jpg

s85.jpg

s09.jpg

s81.jpg

s10.jpg

Like this pic the best,

s73.jpg

.... oh the good times I had with that thing .... :steering

I had an 89 RS with the TBI 305 and T-tops. It was also black but had a grey interior. Loved that car, with an ADS superchip and 91 octane it would pull down 30MPG at 80MPH literally all day long. For a few months I was commuting between Frederick MD and Anderson SC every week. And, it would take out a stock Z28 or a 302 Mustang (had several kills of each). Sweet car. Had to get rid of it because of my kids as they didn't fit in the back seat well, traded it for a 93 Mercury Cougar in 1993. Much better car for a family than a Camaro although I wish I could have kept the Camaro as a toy.

My uncle used to drive a bright Red 81 Z28 with a T-Roof. Was a fun car. Then he traded it in at Ford for a 91 LX 5.0 hatcback. And he had twice more fun with that.

I have an old Jr High school teacher that still drives his IROC to the dance clubs on the weekends.......Oh my it's a site to see.

I had a '99 Z28 for a couple years. Six speed, SLP lid, exhaust cutout, UMI subframe connectors, Pro 5.0 shifter w/ cut handle... man, I miss that car. It would hit 120mph before you knew it. I sold it because after I moved to FL and got my Prelude down there, I wasn't really taking care of it. The PA registration lapsed so I figured it was time to sell it so someone could appreciate it properly.

I'd buy another in a heart beat.

The pictures right before I put it up for sale:

GGqT0.jpg

ZNpex.png

aSPvT.png

Looks sharp. I owned an'86 IROC. 305 TPI, auto, racing yellow with gold decals and wheel inserts, blackinterior, T-tops. Love that car.

I had to go back up and edit the year, I was off by ten years or so.

Those were some crazy times I tell ya.

~ Remember the stereo and sub getting stolen out of it as well.
They took a screwdriver to the drivers side door lock. Bastards !

Big -

Your car started life as a 305 as well. Had it been a 350 from the factory the sticker on the back bumper would have read "5.7 Tuned Port Injection" and they also didn't put the 5spd behind the 350 back then. They claimed they didn't have a trans that could hold the power (all 225 hp of it) but many people swapped in 350s and had no trouble. You'd blow the tires off before you stressed the transmission!

I'm a 14 year member of camaroz28.com and I've never owned one :D I was in high school when those cars were new and one day I'll own an 89 Trans Am just because I always wanted one.

I stand correct, it was a 350, 5 speed manual transmission, was TPI and wasn't bought new from the dealership.
Can you imagine the things that could have been done to it before I got my hands on it ?
Didn't come with aftermarket headers and true dual exhaust from the manufacturer either, did it ?

EDIT, it was 1987

Fellow F-body owner, they were a lot of fun. like the blacked out wheels and the black seats

Oh, Lord. My first car was a black on black 1987 20th anniversary edition 2.8 MPI V6 Auto Camaro. I enjoyed that car quite a lot actually.

My brother owned a 70's camaro...don't ask me what year for sure, I'm a Ford guy...but I remember when it was vandalized to the point of no return.

He must have pissed someone off bad, we lived in a town of 300 people and it had all the windows broken out, dented with baseball bats, tires and seats slashed.

He did end up rebuilding it and later got in to an accident with it. The replacement front nose is sitting up in the garage yet, never mounted if I remember right.

I stand correct, it was a 350, 5 speed manual transmission, was TPI and wasn't bought new from the dealership.
Can you imagine the things that could have been done to it before I got my hands on it ?
Didn't come with aftermarket headers and true dual exhaust from the manufacturer either, did it ?

EDIT, it was 1987

I'm sorry you took offense to my elaboration on the original configuration of your car. I thought my post made it pretty clear that lots of cars were modded by people who owned them previously.

All blacked out with the white letter tires almost has a "Mad Max" look to it...Looks good.

Please tell me you didn't rock this hairdo when you owned it. :p

retromullethaircut.jpg

No I never had a hair-do like that but that shirt looks damn familiar ! LOL

Mine was all black, except the wheels and the BFG Radial TA whitewall letters. Had these wheels on it. I didn't have a mullet, but when I came back from Germany (Army) I bought the car from my brother who did have one. The car was solid black, also had the rear window louvers and blackout covers on the headlights and tail lights. The car was debadged.

15x8_aluminum_directional_wheels_5_lug_100_sparta_28824737.jpg

Ya know, that guy with the mullet looks almost exactly like my brother did back then, from the eyes up. For a second or two I thought that was a picture of him. He still has the cheesy moustache but traded the mullet for a Longhorns hat.

I thought Camaro registration required a proof of mullet.

Had a military ID and showed them the gun rack I was "gonna install" so they overlooked that requirement. But I did grow one when I got out and wore it for about the same amount of time I had the Camaro to make up for it. :D

I did, however, keep mine drawn back in a tasteful swashbuckler-style ponytail to minimize the damage. The ladies loved how I looked and made certain I knew it, unfortunately for them I was married and I don't play around. These days I'd look more like Comic Book Guy if I still had it, and I don't have near the problem keeping the ladies off me as I used to. Double edged sword, that.

Had the rear window louvers as well, came with the car when I bought it, when it was still two-toned colored, got rid of the louvers rather quickly. too much plastics (part plastic/part metal) on the rear glass. The Camaro brings me back to my Led-Zeppelin days.

Led_Zeppelin_1979.jpg

A lot of my drag race friends and myself will call the camaro a "Mullet". For instance, "Hey, what did the guy in the 2nd Gen Mullet run?" :D

Mullets

Here's what I looked like when I was driving my late 80's Mustang GT.

I wish I had my hair back :(

Members online

Back