2006 rear bumper removal

2006LincolnLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Yes its true. I have to remove the rear bumper. The nice lawn crew at my townhouse hit it and scratched it. I'm looking to remove it to paint it. Was wondering if anyone had any diagrams for the 06 model year. I did find the one for the 2005 but it wasn't really detailed.

Thanks guy.

I think it is 2 bolts each side of trunk and then 5 or so bolts against the rear of the trunk.

Then there is some strange circle thing holding it on on the passenger side that you just have to break. But don't worry it will still reattach just fine with the bolts.

Hey Guys,
Yes its true. I have to remove the rear bumper. The nice lawn crew at my townhouse hit it and scratched it. I'm looking to remove it to paint it. Was wondering if anyone had any diagrams for the 06 model year. I did find the one for the 2005 but it wasn't really detailed.

Thanks guy.

Make the lawn company fix it! Or the management company; they are responsible!

I tried and of course they won't. Car stayed park forever too. Was sucha shame.

So let me get this straight...your car was sittin' still at your residence and the lawn care company hit it with their vehicle and they won't pay for it. :confused: I think I would own me a nice little lawn care company by now cause I would have sued them very quickly! Not saying sueing a person is the best solution to the problem but still.

So let me get this straight...your car was sittin' still at your residence and the lawn care company hit it with their vehicle and they won't pay for it. :confused: I think I would own me a nice little lawn care company by now cause I would have sued them very quickly! Not saying sueing a person is the best solution to the problem but still.

I didn't exactly witness it happening. Though when a car is parked for days straight backed up to grass and the only idiots that get close enough to your car is these people, you kinda have to assume. Did I mention I keep my car surrounded with my other cars? lol. My 94 blazer on one side and my wife's mustang on the other. There's only one way to hit a rear bumper at that point and cars in my complex don't tend to drive through buildings to drive over grass. Yes, very sad.

... remove the rear bumper. The nice lawn crew at my townhouse hit it and scratched it...

I remember a time, while I was in my mid 20's, I had this Camero Z28, had spend all sorts of cash on fresh paint, black on black. had it parked at a girlfriends (at the time) house, in a common parking lot, rear end backed up towards a wall. I see from inside these 3 kids near my car, one pushing a grocery shopping cart behind it. I put on my shoes and bee-line it for the car. by that time, kids are further away from my car, I see this huge scratch all alone the rear of my bumper. Take the kid to go see his mom, shopping cart in tow, spoke to her, realized she a single mom, she came and looked at the damage. I was upset but controlled my frustrations, realizing she was a single mom and was rather upset with her son, I asked her to simply make sure he understood not to be messing around cars like that, told her I would take care of it. She thanked me and I covered the repaint out of pocket.

You win some and then you loose some.

Still have those Z28 pics, should find them again.

EDIT: found them

s73.jpg

s81.jpg

I remember a time, while I was in my mid 20's, I had this Camero Z28, had spend all sorts of cash on fresh paint, black on black. had it parked at a girlfriends (at the time) house, in a common parking lot, rear end backed up towards a wall. I see from inside these 3 kids near my car, one pushing a grocery shopping cart behind it. I put on my shoes and bee-line it for the car. by that time, kids are further away from my car, I see this huge scratch all alone the rear of my bumper. Take the kid to go see his mom, shopping cart in tow, spoke to her, realized she a single mom, she came and looked at the damage. I was upset but controlled my frustrations, realizing she was a single mom and was rather upset with her son, I asked her to simply make sure he understood not to be messing around cars like that, told her I would take care of it. She thanked me and I covered the repaint out of pocket.

You win some and then you loose some.

Still have those Z28 pics, should find them again.

EDIT: found them

s73.jpg

s81.jpg

That was nice! :D Like I said sueing them would be the last resort but I feel that they should at least acknowledge their mistake.

Members online

No members online now.
Back