New to this forum and New 2006 Lincoln LS V8 owner

2006LincolnLS

LVC Member
Reaction score
First off hello everyone!!!!
I've been a lurker for some time and finally made the jump. I recently bought a beautiful 2006 Lincoln LS with 37k on it. This is one car I thought I'd never own and am not only proud of it I'm excited to drive it! Sorry though folks, no pictures yet but its snowy here in NY so when spring comes I'll take some pictures of it.

I have a few questions first I'm sure more will come down the road.
Question #1: The previous owner took out the stock deck (which he wrapped up quite nicely and put in a box for me) and had installed from the dealer, the clarion navagation nx501 head unit. Unfortunately the bezel around it makes a bit of noise. I'm sure it's the stock bezel but it vibrates and such as I drive. How hard is this to remove the bezel so that I can put something in there, or reseat it to stop the vibration?

Question #2: As outlined in question one, I was wondering if anyone had the Clarion nx501 as well because everytime i change a radio station, or source (like bluetooth audio or ipod audio or radio) it makes what I assume is the subwoofer pop, does anyone know how to stop this?

Question #3: Is this viechle equiped with an Air ride suspension? Reason I ask, on the first start of the day I hear a noise of what sounds like an air tank trying to fill maybe air bags? Or like a compressor turning on and filling something with air? It's a cranking noise and it only happens when the car is cold and hasn't run over night. If I was to drive to the gas station, shut the car off, turn it back on, it doesn't happen.

Question #4: My heated seat is broken on the drivers side. I push the button and the light comes on, then goes off. If I press the button again it will blink. (now I've used the search function on this one and confused the heck outta me) So does anyone know what for sure causes this? Or should I shell out the money and have the dealer "fix" it?

Question #5: You northerners, how long do you let the car warm up on a snowy day?

I kind have stated in the above last question I used the search function for these, and I have, but have been left with mass confusion. 1 says one thing, 1 says another. So here's to hoping you guys take it easy on me and we get things figured out. Thank you so much for letting me join this community and congrats to all of you proud Lincoln LS owners, I've wanted one since they came out!!!

Thanks guys!
Static

First off hello everyone!!!!
I've been a lurker for some time and finally made the jump. I recently bought a beautiful 2006 Lincoln LS with 37k on it. This is one car I thought I'd never own and am not only proud of it I'm excited to drive it! Sorry though folks, no pictures yet but its snowy here in NY so when spring comes I'll take some pictures of it.

I have a few questions first I'm sure more will come down the road.
Question #1: The previous owner took out the stock deck (which he wrapped up quite nicely and put in a box for me) and had installed from the dealer, the clarion navagation nx501 head unit. Unfortunately the bezel around it makes a bit of noise. I'm sure it's the stock bezel but it vibrates and such as I drive. How hard is this to remove the bezel so that I can put something in there, or reseat it to stop the vibration?

Question #2: As outlined in question one, I was wondering if anyone had the Clarion nx501 as well because everytime i change a radio station, or source (like bluetooth audio or ipod audio or radio) it makes what I assume is the subwoofer pop, does anyone know how to stop this?

Question #3: Is this viechle equiped with an Air ride suspension? Reason I ask, on the first start of the day I hear a noise of what sounds like an air tank trying to fill maybe air bags? Or like a compressor turning on and filling something with air? It's a cranking noise and it only happens when the car is cold and hasn't run over night. If I was to drive to the gas station, shut the car off, turn it back on, it doesn't happen.

Question #4: My heated seat is broken on the drivers side. I push the button and the light comes on, then goes off. If I press the button again it will blink. (now I've used the search function on this one and confused the heck outta me) So does anyone know what for sure causes this? Or should I shell out the money and have the dealer "fix" it?

Question #5: You northerners, how long do you let the car warm up on a snowy day?

I kind have stated in the above last question I used the search function for these, and I have, but have been left with mass confusion. 1 says one thing, 1 says another. So here's to hoping you guys take it easy on me and we get things figured out. Thank you so much for letting me join this community and congrats to all of you proud Lincoln LS owners, I've wanted one since they came out!!!

Thanks guys!
Static

Congrats and welcome to LVC! I'm on the lookout for a 2006 myself...

1) I have a 2002 that I put a double din NAV unit in, so it may be a little different but check here: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/tech/Lincoln-LS/Radio/

2) With my AVIC install, I had to put a regulator in the line-out connection because a lot of the aftermarket decks put out 12V for this where the stock amp is only looking for 5V

3)No air ride on the LS. I sometimes hear what sounds like blend doors opening and closing in the heating/cooling system but we don't have those either (DCCV). Try and switch from floor to defrost or auto and see if you hear the noise when switching?

4) I'm not sure about yours since you have relatively low miles, but these are almost guaranteed to stop working at some point. I know T-Money was recently having an issue with his 2006 and it started working again - maybe send him a PM

5) I start my car and I wait to drive off when the idle slows back down to it's regular speed. I do this no matter what time of year - it also helps make sure you don't get that clunk going from Park to Drive.

I'm sure if I'm wrong on any of these somebody here will chime in and help. You may get some initial hazing, but after that we're a pretty helpful group on here

#3) If you had the passenger heated/cooled seat turned on, that's probably the noise you heard. The fans are loud on the seats, and they don't make the sort of air moving sounds that you would expect. If the working seat wasn't on, then it would pretty much have to be the fuel pump that you are hearing.

#4) On a 2006, it's probably the fan motor on the driver's seat. The seat (complete with airbag) has to be partially removed to replace the fan motor. You may want to leave that to a dealer.

#5) Best for the car is to drive it right after you start it.

#5) Best for the car is to drive it right after you start it.

What is the advantage of driving it right away opposed to waiting for it to warm up??

I do as HDDave does but in the winter I do let it warm up a for a few minutes before driving.

What is the advantage of driving it right away opposed to waiting for it to warm up??

I do as HDDave does but in the winter I do let it warm up a for a few minutes before driving.

An engine under load will warm up much quicker and get rid of the moisture in the exhaust system. The quicker the engine warms up, the sooner it goes to full closed loop fuel control, the sooner it goes to full closed loop, the better. There will be less contaminates (like incompletely burned fuel) to mix into the engine oil.

All that said, it's not a big difference. If it's better for you to start the car and let it warm up enough for the heat to start before you get in and drive off, then do that.

First off. Wow I can't believe that username was still available.

Second. The dash kit is prob not screwed in all the way above the unit. Just pull it off and look.

Third, I always thought that sound was the fuel pump priming or something related to that.

I do as HDDave does, let the RPMs drop to idle (1K) then start driving. I also shift to neutral first before going to Park if I reversed into a spot.

I always thought that sound was the fuel pump priming or something related to that.

I do as HDDave does, let the RPMs drop to idle (1K) then start driving. I also shift to neutral first before going to Park if I reversed into a spot.

My '06 makes a pretty noticable sound from the fuel pump turning on.
I also let the rpm's drop, from about 12-1300 down to 8-9k.
I also ALWAYS shift from reverse into neutral before park to avoid wear. There seems to be noticably greater resistance from the shifter going from reverse to park. I also have occational harsh/delayed engagement from park to reverse.

Second. The dash kit is prob not screwed in all the way above the unit. Just pull it off and look.

Third, I always thought that sound was the fuel pump priming or something related to that.

Lol. I've noticed the Lincoln LS community seems to be lacking a little in the name creativity department.

Congrats on the LS!

My LS idles at like 700 rpm :shifty:

#4,

My seat was doing the exact same thing. Last weekend I played with it and the issue was the blower motor was not turning on. The first
Time you hit the button it try's to turn on then the computer realizes that it's not working and disables the button (why it blinks after the first time). So I replaced mine and now it works great.
I had posted a thread just last week about this and there were several other possibilities as to why it woulnt work, your issues sounds 100% like mine so it's likely the motor, but if not it could be crushed or disconnected duct/clogged filter. Etc.

I also ALWAYS shift from reverse into neutral before park to avoid wear. There seems to be noticably greater resistance from the shifter going from reverse to park. I also have occational harsh/delayed engagement from park to reverse.

I do the same thing going from reverse, to neutral, to park. There does seem to be a load going from reverse to park. Definitely let the car's idle settle down. Give the engine a chance to warm up.

i do this same thing. whatever passenger i have in the car always asks "why not just go to park?" or "why do you do that?"

why is your idle so high? mine is 750ish. last time i saw it on a scanner, it was 742 on the screen

why is your idle so high? mine is 750ish. last time i saw it on a scanner, it was 742 on the screen

I agree. My idle is around 700-750. It shouldn't be that high, unless you just started it up. Once it warms up it should be some where around the 700's.

My idle does stay around 800-900, but thats only in the winter when the engine is still cold after just starting it.

Yea maybe it is lower, I was just estimating from memory where it comes down to after initial morning start.

Okay. I've noticed that my idle dropped too the 600's after it warms up with my new exhaust...Not sure why...Higher outflow?

And welcome to LVC 2006LincolnLs!

Glad I'm not the only one.. My car HATES reverse to park, but is find with drive to park. I always use the parking brake before I take my foot off the brake as well to not bind the tranny

Unfortunately I only have the pictures back from november (11') when I purchased the car. And now thanks to the great lawn care company my complex uses, I'll need to paint the rear bumper due to a small scratch. (Yes I'm that anal and the car is that mint)

14a2c3.jpg

6zbswz.jpg

be6847.jpg

Summer Car ^^

Members online

No members online now.
Back