93 Town Car with conversion kit

93 Linc

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I've cross posted this on other websites, so here goes :)

Its been in the family, I did it to help my mother in law out. 154,378 loving miles, and until recently was garaged.

Aside from some of the pain in the butt small things wrong with it (window switches, power windows/locks) the rear end of the car is almost drag racer high. I know that several years back she had the air bags removed from rear and replaced with springs. Nobody noticed it until I took out the 300lbs of play sand/gravel in the trunk that was keeping it level.

Is there anything I am missing on how to resolve this? The look is pretty mean, but it doesn't seem right at all. There's no air suspension light or compressor kicking on (I have a navigator, used to the system)

I don't have any pictures at the moment but can take unless I am overlooking something

can you just cut a coil off the springs?
weird that it is so high.
did someone do something to raise the rear end to compensate for the extra 300 pounds i wonder?

Easy fix ..... put the sand back in.
rotfl2_zpsf022a1bd.gif
or go find the correct springs.

Or do the right thing and put air springs back under it.

Here's the hotrod. I am liking the spring compressor route because I don't really want to throw any more money at this thing

IMAG0165.jpg

IMAG0169.jpg

Nice, what is that color? I have never seen a TC in that color before. Always liked the 93-94 grille a little better than the 90-92. Has more presence to it.

Just out of curiosity why coils instead of bags? Air struts are easy to find for these and pretty cheap too.

93 Linc, are the pictures with or without the sand installed? If it is with no sand the ride height looks normal to me.

Just out of curiosity why coils instead of bags? Air struts are easy to find for these and pretty cheap too.

93 Town Cars were never equipped with struts, they used steel coil springs in the front and air springs in the rear. Bags were used in the SRS.

Nice, what is that color? I have never seen a TC in that color before. Always liked the 93-94 grille a little better than the 90-92. Has more presence to it.

That's Woodrose Metallic, paint code CD. Pretty damn rare.

She did springs because the air system needed more money than she had.

93 Linc, are the pictures with or without the sand installed? If it is with no sand the ride height looks normal to me.

Its no sand. The driveway is steep too, I'll take a pic of it on the flat street.

IMAG0181.jpg

I think it looks great but you're the one that has to look at it/drive it and it will still take a load.

93 Town Cars were never equipped with struts, they used steel coil springs in the front and air springs in the rear. Bags were used in the SRS.

:slam I knew that. Why did i say struts:rolleyes:

Ride height looks good on that car. i have seen them with there asses on the ground and up in the air. I like the way it looks as it is.

:slam I knew that. Why did i say struts:rolleyes:

Ride height looks good on that car. i have seen them with there asses on the ground and up in the air. I like the way it looks as it is.

Its growing on me, lol. I adjusted the headlights so that they are more outward looking, and i think its fine now.

interesting, those look an awful lot like limo springs, they do the job,they could be also truck springs or HD coils as well, but i remember i pu tlimo springs in my box and it sat liek that for a while lol.

Members online

Back