Center Vent w/ message controls repair

This method over many years and recommend that you do not assume the trouble is a certain part, as a problem in one area will often show up as a symptom somewhere else. An example is carb malfunctions are often incorrectly assumed to be governor problems.

You have governor problems too? We call ours Moonbeam 'cause he's so far out there! Too bad the illegals and tree-huggers love him and vote for him often!

You have governor problems too? We call ours Moonbeam 'cause he's so far out there! Too bad the illegals and tree-huggers love him and vote for him often!

By often, do you mean more than once per election? Here the saying is "vote early, vote often."

Yea. Works here too, lately.

My wife went to vote (not this election) once and their record showed she had already voted (someone else used her name). They just told her to check off another name and vote.

My wife went to vote (not this election) once and their record showed she had already voted (someone else used her name). They just told her to check off another name and vote.

Wow! That's nice! Don't let the news get ahold of that. They just might want to do away with the electoral college, (God I Hope).

Btw Joe, the center vents are still available new. I just bought one for $90 OTD, (with message center buttons), in silver for my 04. Gonna epoxy it before I install it.

---Mike---

When I first read this post I was like "hmmmm, I never had a problem with mine and never knew it was a problem"

Guess what happened yesterday, I guess not bad for 10 years

Yeah. That's what happened to me 2 months ago. Seems you read about something on here, and then it happens. Damn LS forum curse :confused:.

I just hope to God the transmission holds out, until i get back from Oklahoma after Thanksgiving.

By the way guys... I have dual quads, so I got y'all beat. :p

---Mike---

Since mine just broke about 2 minutes ago....what is the proper way to remove the center vent.

When I bought my LS the original one was busted up and glued in pcs. I was able to pick up and good used one and tossed it in and I felt is snap.

I told myself I shouldn't have to remove it any time soon......but here I am now.

Since mine just broke about 2 minutes ago....what is the proper way to remove the center vent.

When I bought my LS the original one was busted up and glued in pcs. I was able to pick up and good used one and tossed it in and I felt is snap.

I told myself I shouldn't have to remove it any time soon......but here I am now.

Just pull it straight out. You can hook around the outside edges with a tool of some sort. Just pull each side a little at a time.

Pull, mine has been in and out so many times comes right out. I used liquid nails, 3 days, so far so good :)

I use a small pick and grab it in the corner of the lowest vent slot.

I used a metal spatula to remove mine. Plastic trim removal tool works best but the spatula was $4 at vatozone.

Thanks guys....I'll tackle the stupid thing this weekend.....too bad I didn't know about the issue before putting it in...I would have reinforced it right off the bat.

Superglue worked great for the message center. I had to use a plastic epoxy for the traction control button.

This shows it for a Thunderbird, but it's the same thing in the LS.

How to Remove Radio / CD Changer from 2002 Ford Thunderbird for Repair. - YouTube

Members online

No members online now.
Back