Very interesting LS for sale.

Woah i need one of those :shifty: not that im bad at parking or stuff...

I was thinking it stood for Polarity, but then there is no POLE in polarity...It would be nice if the SST switched from +/- being up/down to down/up... oh well....would have never guessed it was for an actual pole:rolleyes:

http://figuringoutjapan.wikispaces.com/ETC+Card

This link explains the "card reader"

like our fasttrack, only outdated?

in the bay area we use rfid to allow individuals to pass through bridge tolls quicker, and the charge goes to their designated credit card.

We have a similar system in Kansas as well. Only difference is we have a sticker now that mounts to the windshield that allows us to drive on through the tole rather than having to stop and pay!

yup, the fastrak looks like a bigger version of a garage door opener, and it communicates with an rfid reader mounted above the toll booth. You never stop, you just cruise through. you get a bill at the end of the month or something. idk. i just pay tolls the old fashioned way since it is a rarity on my side of the bay.

sticker sounds better. dont need extra junk cluttering up the dash or sun visors

Based on what I've seen so far I'm guessing this is a standard on most cars injapan?

I spent a couple weeks in Japan in 2009. My buddy was stationed over there and I went for a visit. Power folding mirrors, "pole", and toll integration are almost standard over there. Also almost every car still in operation is in near mint condition. My buddy had a 1997ish mistubishi MPV thing. He paid like 2k for it and it had power everything, navigation, etc. Looked at an accord at a dealership and it said country or origin "United States of America."

Here are a few car pics I took when I was there. This car lot was right outside the base, so that is $1500 for the Skyline (about the most common car over there as a sedan).

IMG_2397.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2476.jpg

I really like the wheels and the drop the white one has. I wonder what Springs they're running.

It Says they have HIDs. Which you can also tell by the pictures, but I wonder if the aftermarket or OEM? Im assuming aftermarket.....

Members online

Back