Lowering springs?

When you guys tackle this you think you can do a write up on it? (not sure if there's one out there already or not).
I'd like to try and do this myself. How much does a spring compressor go for or can you rent one?

Yeah I'm in for a write up with pics that's a great idea!

You need the camber bolts.

You may be able to do without them. You will be running ~1º negative camber (front & rear; which isn't adjustable) which is at the very edge of spec. I ran for ~10K miles before I had an alignment done. The shop, somehow, got it less than 1º adjusting the shock. Don't ask me how; sounds like Voodoo Mechanics to me!

Come on over and I'll put them on for you. Then just get the alignment and you'll be done. Dont forget to buy the camber kit for them. I got the Moog kit...a little cheaper than the Eibach kit.

does that go for anyone :shifty:

You may be able to do without them. You will be running ~1º negative camber (front & rear; which isn't adjustable) which is at the very edge of spec. I ran for ~10K miles before I had an alignment done. The shop, somehow, got it less than 1º adjusting the shock. Don't ask me how; sounds like Voodoo Mechanics to me!

Without the camber bolts it takes two guys and two prybars to get the front and rear of the control arm close to correct. Even then its not perfect

Without the camber bolts it takes two guys and two pry-bars to get the front and rear of the control arm close to correct. Even then its not perfect

Maybe they used a muffler clamp.....

I'm still waiting on a response for the springs hite.As soon as I get an answer ill let you know what we are looking at for time! Thanks again

Why would one get the camber kit? I didnt get it and my shop had no problems. I have my alignment specs sheet showing my camber and such

Why would one get the camber kit? I didnt get it and my shop had no problems. I have my alignment specs sheet showing my camber and such

Depends on how low you lower your car. The lower you go is when the camber starts to really get out of tolerance.

Depends on how low you lower your car. The lower you go is when the camber starts to really get out of tolerance.

Ah ok, yeah its not a problem for me. Didn't cut the springs or anything. I think I have 6 or so inchs of clearance to the front bumper?

We'll just make GRELL do all the work...kinda like he changed all his own COP's:shifty:

HEY!!!, I kinda helped... I even set all the plug gaps...well one of them :shifty: But I'll def come over with a case and a chair... I'd imagine you guys might need a little muscle anyways *** flexes right arm*** But hurry up before it gets to cold!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back