Tell me thats not a sexy car

Per the car, if they keep making the windows smaller what's the fat guy gonna do when the doors are jammed shut?

fla02ls said:
Tell me thats not a sexy car

That is not a sexy car.

Is that better?

I must admit, when I first saw one I wanted to vomit. However, a guy who lives somewhere on my road has a brand new one and its growing on me. Not saying it looks good, it just doesn't make me want to vomit anymore.

The 2013 MKS has a new grille. It's much improved yet at the same time more boring. The 2013 Taurus looks fantastic in person.

The new Lincolns have awesome interiors. The exterior styling does not appeal to everybody.

My biggest problem with them is the FWD, or AWD FWD bias platform. It just cant seem sporty to me unless its RWD. Also if you do your own maintenance FWD cars suck once they get a little older.

The fwd to me isnt an "issue". Its different, inferior, but not a problem for me because it drives so damn smooth. I will admit there is a huge difference in the feeling of being "pulled" vs. "pushed". I like the feeling of being pushed. But because of what it is i find myself enjoying cruising around rather than the racing mentality i had with the LS. If any driver even attempted to give my LS a dirty look i'd mash that pedal and give it to 'em hard. Now, i find more admiring the car and dont feel like i have anything to prove like i did with the LS. It produces a sense of calm and tranquility which i really enjoy while making me a safer driver.

The fwd to me isnt an "issue". Its different, inferior, but not a problem for me because it drives so damn smooth. I will admit there is a huge difference in the feeling of being "pulled" vs. "pushed". I like the feeling of being pushed. But because of what it is i find myself enjoying cruising around rather than the racing mentality i had with the LS. If any driver even attempted to give my LS a dirty look i'd mash that pedal and give it to 'em hard. Now, i find more admiring the car and dont feel like i have anything to prove like i did with the LS. It produces a sense of calm and tranquility which i really enjoy while making me a safer driver.

Yeah, that's it, front wheel drive's inferiority is a feature.

On a more serious note, did you give any thought to the powdercoating suggestion?

Don't like the stance, fwd, the height in back, baleen whale grille and overall Buick look.
+1

I don't think I could ever get used to the look of the mks.
On the other hand the taurus looks pretty slick IMO
3644281254_5eb57c00a9.jpg
They do look mean as hell.

Probably cheaper as well.
+1

I'm sorry. I thought this was the LS forum.......

There's a reason there have been only 2 posts in the last 6 months in the MkS forum. The new Lincolns are more like Buicks than anything special. Which is why should my LS meet an early demise I will be looking elsewhere.

Ouch! lol, But I would have to agree. However the new Buick Regal GS doesn't look to bad with the right wheels.

Nice front, but it's just another boring econbox. Here's my beef with all the new Fords (Taurus, Fusion, MKS, MKZ):

fordsareugly.jpg

These cars just don't do it for me.

I LOVE the new 2013 fusion...

agreed, i just stopped at briarwood a couple of days ago cause they had one sitting out front. totally lovin the Aston front, but not 100% sold on the rear yet.

as far as taurus's go, the SHO does look mean as hell, but i would have to pass on anything else, the other grilles just look too cheap to me.

Nice front, but it's just another boring econbox. Here's my beef with all the new Fords (Taurus, Fusion, MKS, MKZ):

fordsareugly.jpg

Solute to that! You hit the nail in the head.

Yes, nice for a taraus, but still, i would never replace a LS with any of them.

I agree 100% with the wheel to window space. Its far too large. I think thats the only problem though. Fixing that would literally fix everything else you mentioned. Basically your issue is they are too tall haha

yall got to be killing me, I love the big doors and little windows look, just like old school hot rods with the top chopped, served up straight from the factory!

I agree 100% with the wheel to window space. Its far too large. I think thats the only problem though. Fixing that would literally fix everything else you mentioned. Basically your issue is they are too tall haha

That's what happens when they try to replicate an expensive car.

I'm not trying to be an ass but can I just say the things M4rk pointed out as not liking to my eye look like the same issues your Jag has? :p Your front door-to-window ratio is slightly better, but imo all the other points apply.

That said I've been in love with that Jag since it came out and I want it really bad.

fordsareugly.jpg

I'm not one for the look either, but I believe that a lot of the cars are starting to look like that due to increased standards in passenger safety. Instead of keeping idiots off the road, we"re being relegated to driving mini-tanks.

I like the MKS except the rear. I agree lower that thing and murder it out and it'll look sweet.

The MKS isn't bad, but the MKZ is much nicer, in my opinion! But congrats on your new purchase!

Agreed

I LOVE the new 2013 fusion... I would put some bigger rims on it for sure. But beyond that I think its beautiful

6859466053_1080e3d618_b.jpg

I agree 100%, I was just at the dealership last week and they had 3 of them sitting out front, just off the truck. I didn't have time to test drive one, or I would have. I think if I do end up buying one, I'm going to wait a year or so and see if they come out with an SVT variant, one of those with 300HP or so and AWD plus the normal SVT tweaks would be awesome... I'd have to go with a manu-matic trans however since the wife won't drive a stick....

i love the look of the MKS the 2013 looks even better. im currently shopping for one and today i did see the new fusion and i test drove the ecoboost i4 one and it was nice. the interior is very nice and that ashton martin look is great. i also test drove a 2010 taurus sho and a ecoboost mks and i like the ride of the MKS better but the sho does handle slightly better but has a little harsher ride. IM getting the MKS and dropping a body kit on it.

complete1.46.jpg

Complete3.52.jpg

images

I still think the MKS has a much nicer look than the Taurus, Taurus isnt bad, but doesnt have the luxury look and feel like the MKS. The dual exhaust, lincoln logo on fender instead of that scoop deal on the taurus, lincoln historic waterfall grill. All pluses. Interior is much nicer as well.

The MKZ is nice too but thats going back to a LS size car. Im a big dude and i like the room of the MKS. I also happen to like how it sits much higher up. I come home and park it and think everyday how pleasurable it is to drive...or shall i say cruise.

Also now that i am more comfortable with the driving abilities and differences i have got that thing moving pretty good accelerating on the highway and from stop lights. It takes turns pretty well for its size as well. For some reason there are a couple lights on my way to work that as you go thru the intersection it goes from three lanes down to two. And its ALWAYS a race between the front three cars at the red light as to who gets to the front to make it to merge first to one of the two lanes. My land yacht has flat out left some people behind which has been surprising. Nissans, Acura's, some Escalades and other SUV's, and of course your typical ricer with angry bee muffler. We all know when the light turns green its a race to merge and the MKS really holds its own. Not saying its "fast" but it moves just fine. That with the better mpg and using reg 87 gas has been saving $$$.

As far as the exhaust, not going the expense and hassle of powder coat. VHT has a spray that is perfect for the job.

Members online

No members online now.
Back