what do you think folks

2002_lincolnLS

Custom User Title
Reaction score
so how about this :)

339801_4657133995688_550484676_o.jpg

Planning on painting the car black and throwing some BBS wheels on it?

Needs tint.
Raise the back a little to match the front. :)
And some tire shine to the rockers and front/rear skirts

Those wheels would look good if you're planning on having ME powder coat them! :cool:

I don't understand, flat or satin black was just used to cover crap bodywork on chop jobs back in the day... No proud body man would drive a car in satin black.

So a satin black LS just makes me think the owner doesn't care enough to take care of it or it was wrecked and it's black to just be driven.

My '68 Ranchero was flat blacked back in '96 when I dropped the EFI 302 in it just because it was a pale yellow car repainted John Deere green with blue fenders and a white hood on it. I never intended to fix the rust or dings so flat black worked well and has a great patina now that the black has worn away and the original oddball colors are showing through.

DSCF1036.jpg

what do I think? more time is needed practicing with photochop! lol

I don't understand, flat or satin black was just used to cover crap bodywork on chop jobs back in the day... No proud body man would drive a car in satin black.

So a satin black LS just makes me think the owner doesn't care enough to take care of it or it was wrecked and it's black to just be driven.

My '68 Ranchero was flat blacked back in '96 when I dropped the EFI 302 in it just because it was a pale yellow car repainted John Deere green with blue fenders and a white hood on it. I never intended to fix the rust or dings so flat black worked well and has a great patina now that the black has worn away and the original oddball colors are showing through.

DSCF1036.jpg

I know plenty of great body folks who would drive satin cars.

So what you are saying you are not a proud body man? Also Black being one of the most revealing colors I think a **** hole body man would avoid it at all costs, but hey you never know.

and that ranchero looks like it needs more than some black paint, maybe someone who knows what they are doing.

I use Gimp for it, and I am not that great at it yet :) working on it, used ps years ago and just started with gimp a couple months ago.

cast_1piece_blq_01b.jpg

DO IT! Not listed as 5x108 on their site though, or high enough offset in other PCDs.

I know plenty of great body folks who would drive satin cars.

So what you are saying you are not a proud body man? Also Black being one of the most revealing colors I think a **** hole body man would avoid it at all costs, but hey you never know.

and that ranchero looks like it needs more than some black paint, maybe someone who knows what they are doing.

Honestly, I suck at bodywork but I'm learning and trying to figure it out. I have a '69 Mustang fastback with 3/4 of the body work done that I stopped working on 12 years ago because I was not up to the mud work. When I bought the ranch back in '93 the quarters were full of bondo so I sanded it all out and just enjoyed the truck as a truck. Added the bucket seats and console, EFI 302 / 5 speed setup with 3.50 gears and used it as a firewood truck, scrap metal truck, a haul anything truck. I liked it enough it became my username across the web.

Back on topic I just don't understand the satin black craze. I don't know about your car, but one of the things that attracted me to this car was the depth of color and metallic in my blue painted LS.

Good luck with your build. I am curious if and how you will tie the inner wheel color into any of the front or rear accents on the body or tie that color to the interior somehow so the color scheme flows through the car vs. just a set of wheels on a body.

I am not going to argue here, but the satin look is just the same as the deep paint, its a look someone likes.

you will only learn body work if you keep at it, it can not be teached much like most art forms, you can learn techniques but to be good you will have to teach yourself by doing it. To be good at it don't revert to mud when it gets tough, just bust out the hammers and dollies. At the restoration shop we only used mud to smooth pitted metals and slight leveling.

If you get into cars old enough mud isn't the problem but brazing is, for the younger guys that is the use of brass to fill panels. Making restoring a car a bit of a pain in the modern world.

How ever I really dig the way a satin black drapes over the car, and I am into low key look. I do not dig the poppy flamboyant schemes. So satin black and a dark wheel, not really set on the cherry wheels. I may go with a dark brown to match the leather I am using to reupholster the seats.

I like how dark it looks, do it!

DSCF1036.jpg

If thats not badass looking then apparently IDK what Im talking about!

Andrizzle's LS 2.jpg

Andrizzle's LS.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back