My Never Posted Daily Driver...lol

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Thats one big b!tch.:lol:

Custom purpose built straight trick. 40 feet long. International 9700 Cabover. Cummings M14 with over 1.1 million miles on the motor. The motor has not been rebuilt.... YET.:rolleyes:.... The tranny got rebuilt at 750k miles. The rebuilt tranny blow-up after only 220k miles. New re-manned tranny runs like a champ. Bunk-beds, sleeps two. Its my office and home during the week.

BTW notice the rear wheels. Those are the ones I have re-finished for $60 each.

950-214 01.jpg

950-214 02.jpg

950-214 03.jpg

Good looking truck. How does it ride with the long wheel base sitting over the front tires?

Sadly my work daily driver is a safety orange Taylor Dunn 3 wheel battery powered cart. Nothing exotic but it sure beats walking around the 1.2M square foot plant I deal with.

Jamie

I just bought a pair of 9000lbs gross weight front wheels.(not pictured) The front tires are 16 ply, "H" rated, 7800lbs gross weighted. With the air-ride suspension and air-ride seat. She rides like a Lincoln.;)

Total weight empty is 27,000lbs. Fully loaded, could hit up to 43,000lbs(depending on how tight I load her).

As a younger man I spent a couple weeks before going into the NAVY in the passenger seat going up and down the East Coast. The trip in a flat nose binder was not a smooth or enjoyable experience. The conventionals seemed to ride much nicer.

Cool, now I know what to look for lol. So in a race I think the LS would take it in the corners but straight line would be close ;)

Cool, now I know what to look for lol. So in a race I think the LS would take it in the corners but straight line would be close ;)

0-60 time..... I use a sundial to time it.

1.1 million miles is probably about time to change the coils...
^I lol'd

Gabriel Van lines, is that like a moving service or something. I don't think I've ever seen one.

My daily driver/office

IMAG0337_BURST002-1.gif

not quite 1.1 Million miles:eek: that is ridiculous. Only 125k

^I lol'd

Gabriel Van lines, is that like a moving service or something. I don't think I've ever seen one.

My daily driver/office

IMAG0337_BURST002-1.gif

not quite 1.1 Million miles:eek: that is ridiculous. Only 125k

So...... Do you cut LS drivers slack? ;)

Custom purpose built straight truck. 40 feet long. International 9700 Cabover. Cummings M14 with over 1.1 million miles on the motor.

Sweet Ride Rollin' !

1) love Cabovers
2) Thought you were on Tractor Trailer setup like myself
3) Call me if you ever need to fit more then 16,000lbs

just teasing :p

BTW: where do you hide your walk boards, can't fit 16's in that belly box. (???)

I've never pulled one over actually. I cut most drivers slack though, unless you are an asshat.

LOL, was about to say, if you did it might have been me. Although he did let me off after listening to me claim to be a tourist. :)

Sweet Ride Rollin' !

1) love Cabovers
2) Thought you were on Tractor Trailer setup like myself
3) Call me if you ever need to fit more then 16,000lbs

just teasing :p

BTW: where do you hide your walk boards, can't fit 16's in that belly box. (???)

17k+ twice.:rolleyes: 12ft walkboards in the passengerside belly.

BTW Found out I have been nominated for "Supervan Driver of the Year" and "Lifetime Achievement" award. Somewhat shocked over that.

BTW Found out I have been nominated for "Supervan Driver of the Year" and "Lifetime Achievement" award. Somewhat shocked over that.

Why? Do you suck as a driver? :p;):p;)

JUST KIDDING!!!!!!

CONGRATS!! That is actually quite an accomplishment! Had a neighbor once that won a TV (which was the grand prize in ~1986) in a truck rodeo.

17k+ twice.:rolleyes: 12ft walkboards in the passengerside belly.

Not bad, not bad, heres hoping it come with a big 'ol cheque for ya. Mine did !
Haha, however mine was "Most Improved Professional Driver" not sure what they meant by that, I was always good.

Ouch ... on the 12ft walkboards, must be a pleasure with the piano's,
good for the calf muscles though.

I lost it one day when someone borrowed my 16's and left me broken 14's

BTW: just got back Friday afternoon, crazy trucking through some snow already, then again colder climate further up north in Canada. Got screwed on the backhaul.

Ohh,
PS: I made a bit of a mess in some other threads, got pissed off.
Sorry ~ finger slaps self.

1.1 million miles is probably about time to change the coils...

PS: I know you are kidding but ... Diesel motor = No coils, No plugs.

AKA: "compression ignition engine" invented by Rudolf Diesel (German)

Glow plugs?

Yes, you are correct, we have an old shunter truck in our yard and yes, you have to turn the key to one position and it won't crank over until the glow lamp goes out.

you can try but won't start until heated up.

not an actual "spark" plug but rather a heating element to preheat the chambers.

~ got me on that one.

:) I don't know much but I remember having to wait a skosche until starting my brothers trucks when I used them. I know you and other knew what you meant.

If you look at older trucks, farm equipment and diesel generators, you are correct,
you should find a "glow lamp". However newer more modern not so much.
They improved on that technique and it will preheat on the first few cranks.

A cold diesel engine block will act like a huge heat sink and instantly take away any heat generated by compression.

During sub zero freezing cold weather, if you didn't plug the truck in for the overnight,
your not going anywhere in the morning.

If I'm not mistaken, I read once, it's a block and coolant heater, keeping
things warm and from getting thick like syrup and therefor hard to turn over.

Different then a glow plug but same idea, used to preheat so the compression combustion can happen more easily and quicker.

We had someone plug something in and it popped the breakers for the whole front row
of the building at the yard and those truck all needed blankets around the engine with
the propane heaters under them to get the syrup like oil freed up.

I think I'm explaining it correctly, sorry not a Diesel mechanic just a "user" of the Diesel motors.

Glow Plug is not to provide a spark for combustion but rather to preheat the piston chambers for compression combustion.

candelette_7.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back