18 inch Snowflakes???

BIG ROLLER

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
This had just been a thought of mine for sometime now. I often look at the factory Snowflakes on my Mark and wonder what they would look like if there were 18 inch replicas

I think they would look real nice and I think I would buy them.

What do you guys think?

30wheel.jpg

don't like snowflakes...
and technically, that is a cougar wheel. no lincoln star on the center cap and it is accented with black paint.

I think if you're going to roll on snowflakes..that is the ONLY way to do it..paint the inserts black or just the whole center of the wheel..otherwise UGLY..Its funny that I actually contemplated buying a set for my 97 Thunderbird years ago..went with the 7 spoke cougar rims instead.

don't like snowflakes...
and technically, that is a cougar wheel. no lincoln star on the center cap and it is accented with black paint.

True. That wheel was only available on the 1997 30th Anniversary Edition Cougar. My mother has one.

I almost hate to say it, but I actually kinda like the snowflake (or as they're called in the Mark VIII brochure, "Lacy Spoke") wheels. I think they look pretty good on some Mark VIII's but not on others. They looked good on my bright torreador '96 base but I don't think they would look good on my opalescent '97 LSC. But I have also thought about what a larger size snowflake would look like. I think it would look pretty good, in my opinion.

I think it would look like an extra 3 inches of yuck

This had just been a thought of mine for sometime now. I often look at the factory Snowflakes on my Mark and wonder what they would look like if there were 18 inch replicas

I think they would look real nice and I think I would buy them.

What do you guys think?

30wheel.jpg

You my friend are a rare breed. If you like snowflake wheels then by all means sport them. Hell, I have a spare set I'll sell you for $100.00+shipping. I think they have tires on them. They've been sitting inside the shed in my grandma's house for over 2 years but you are indeed a rare breed dude. NO ONE likes those wheels.

By far the ugliest wheel put on a Mark VIII from the factory. I have several sets. Can't give them away.

don't like snowflakes...
It was the only wheel picture I could find where it showed just the wheel and tire. I would have posted my wheels on my M8 if the car wasn't dirty.

Did another search and found this chrome snowflake. Now snowflakes in chrome look good imo.

From looking at this picture would it change your mind if they were made in 18 inch?

c596_3.jpg

Ah yes, the dick wheel. I can only imagine what the guys wife said to him when he rolled up the driveway. LOL!

I think it would look like an extra 3 inches of yuck
By far the ugliest wheel put on a Mark VIII from the factory. I have several sets. Can't give them away.
Are they really that bad looking guys?

Are they just plain ugly or just too much of a center mesh for your taste?

I'd rather run my half peeled chrome 10 spokes than sf's.

Imho, any oem wheel that isn't chrome looks like crap. Not so much the design, just then finish.

Yes, they're that bad... I've got 2 in my closet just for emergency spare tires.

And "the d!ck wheel" is a Toyota wheel

I think the 10 spokes are the sexiest stock wheel, followed closely by the Octo (but good luck finding a mint set of those, Terry buys them all up)

chrome snowflakew.jpg

Okay. Call me crazy, but I'd run those wheels if I still had a Gen1. I don't think they'd look good on a G2, but if I still had my '96 I'd use them. I think they look pretty good in chrome. I know they'd look fantastic on my mom's '97 Cougar 30th Anniversary edition. I wonder what a chrome set would look like with black painted inner spokes? I like 'em:)

chrome snowflakew.jpg

I could go with 18 inch Octi's and I could also see 18 inch 20 spokes. I must be a rare breed and maybe even the only one here that can see chrome snowflake 18's.

Members online

No members online now.
Back