New Member. Pics!

blwnbyu

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Alright Guys, here's my new DD.

Its a 2002 with 40,000 miles, one elderly owner, always garaged and maintained.
The paint is as good as it was when it rolled off the showroom floor.. No scratches, chips, dings.

Interior is in fantastic shape too. I have always liked these cars, but never paid alot of attention to them.. A buddy and I got to talking about them a few weeks ago, I just happened to drive into town for coffee, and drove this one home a few hours later. I wish I'd known a little more about them as I would have looked harder for an LSE or a newer sport, but finding one in this condition with so few miles is extremely hard without traveling great distances for me.

So.. Here she is.

So far I've installed a Kenwood DNX-9990HD with Sirius, Ipod Cable, Steering wheel controls, and bluetooth.. This Deck is absolutely amazing!! I also made a hinged amp rack and installed an old memphis class D in the spare tire well, which flips up to access the tire if needed. I bought a JL 10W6 in which I'll be fiberglassing a box into the left rear corner of the trunk, as I do not want to lose any trunk space. I also have 2 pair of JL C3 components ordered that I'll get around to installing. This car is my DD and I travel all over for work so I need to keep it reliable. I also just ordered umnitza angel eyes and DDM 6K HID's for the lows, silverstars for the hi's, and led's for the fogs. Car is getting clear bra and retinted tomorrow as well. I also waiting on a new compustar paging alarm-starter that I'll be installing some time next week.

Front Shot

front_zps69e28007.jpg

I HATE Chrome and will be swapping an LSE or Sport front bumper in the near future.

ls5_zps5496a6e1.jpg

ls3_zps13985233.jpg

room6_zpseaf407bc.jpg

ld4_zps295ee518.jpg

ls6_zpseeb07efb.jpg

Little HDR

LSHDR_zpsaab36fb5.jpg

nav_zps7a7dc6a3.jpg

nav2_zps2c7b97df.jpg

The Car desperately needs wheels.. I've been shopping and found a pair that I really like, but the smallest size they are made in are 20's, which, I do like the cheaper tire prices, but am worried about looking like a DONK. The wheels are fairly light too though..

They are Giovanna Kilas in Silver 20x8.5 42mm offset.

These are 22's I'm sure, but you get the idea..

giovanna-kilis-silver-machined-face-bmw-750i_zpseb439b48.jpg

giovanna-kilis-silver-machined-face-bmw-7-series_zps4b10f3ec.jpg

I haven't found any other wheels that I've loved yet, so these will probably be it..

I have only had one problem with the car so far. It overheated on my on my way to work, which is only about a 10 minute drive, so I ordered a new thermostat and housing/gasket.. It hasn't done it since, but the thermostat is obviously a little sticky..

Anyways, I look forward to learning about this car on here. I truly love driving it. I just can't wait to get the grandpa wheels off it, but they will work fantastic for snow tires. I'm also going to need to throw a LSD in it asap, as one wheel drive won't fly in the winter around here..

Welcome! Nice looking LS love the miles :D and those wheels are perfect for the car all you need is to lower it :cool:

Welcome!!!! Glad to see yet another new member with a very nice LS. We have seen a few LSes be traded or sold lately so it is a nice shot in the morale to see some new blood join.

That is a nice LS and very low miles for a 10 year old car. If you plan on drop springs you may want to look at 19" wheels. You can use a bit larger tire, like a 40 series and have a little smoother ride. There are some 19's that look similar to those. I think they are made by USA rim. 19's fit the LS best IMO although the Jag Sentas do look sweet in 20". I like that Mustang too. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your 'glass sub enclosure.

As far as your overheating issue....I'm sure you have read about the plastic cooling parts cracking so you may want to replace your degas bottle soon. Thats usually the 1st thing to crack. If so, get the Motorcraft bottle not the Dorman. The dorman sucks and will only last a year or so.

That is a nice LS and very low miles for a 10 year old car. If you plan on drop springs you may want to look at 19" wheels. You can use a bit larger tire, like a 40 series and have a little smoother ride. There are some 19's that look similar to those. I think they are made by USA rim. 19's fit the LS best IMO although the Jag Sentas do look sweet in 20". I like that Mustang too. Looking forward to seeing some pics of your 'glass sub enclosure.

As far as your overheating issue....I'm sure you have read about the plastic cooling parts cracking so you may want to replace your degas bottle soon. Thats usually the 1st thing to crack. If so, get the Motorcraft bottle not the Dorman. The dorman sucks and will only last a year or so.

Not to hijack this thread but I'm looking to lower myself. Hite do you have any local resource for springs or any other lowering options? I'm only an hour and 10 from grain valley and you seem to be connected:cool:

Oh, and here's my racecar :)

Favcobrapic_zps17a67e9c.jpg
Skeeet skeet!

Been a fan of mustangs myself for a while now, but other than the 03-04 cobra there really hadn't been one i wanted own...until the 2013s came out. I think a 2013 Boss or even a v6 is in my future :)

Well nevermind, the USA rims are a bit different than those Giovannas...
LCN-270-19-SLV-4.jpg
All the recent talk about these And seeing them on Tru Blu's car again have sparked my interest again!

I contacted USArim and apparently they wont be available for another 30-60 days...although they have been out of stock for quite a while so who knows.

Skeeet skeet!

Been a fan of mustangs myself for a while now, but other than the 03-04 cobra there really hadn't been one i wanted own...until the 2013s came out. I think a 2013 Boss or even a v6 is in my future :)

All the recent talk about these And seeing them on Tru Blu's car again have sparked my interest again!

I contacted USArim and apparently they wont be available for another 30-60 days...although they have been out of stock for quite a while so who knows.
These as in my opinion one of the coolest wheels for the Ls ever!

Welcome sir! I live about 200 miles east of Billings. Nice to see somebody else in our area on the forums. Nice cars btw!

Skeeet skeet!

You mean This?

386412_2667524605244_822725581_n.jpg

Welcome. Sweet looking Mustang. Nice pick up on the LS.

@ blwnbyu,

Welcome to the LVC forum and many congrads on the sweet find.
Definitly a clean LS and I can tell you are a man all about the quality.
Looking forward to seeing more quality photos on your progress.

KUDOS

Not to hijack this thread but I'm looking to lower myself. Hite do you have any local resource for springs or any other lowering options? I'm only an hour and 10 from grain valley and you seem to be connected:cool:

Sorry reaper I dont. I went with Eibachs myself. Ordered them on the net. There is a place in downtown KC that will make custom coil springs but they cost more than Eibachs so its really not worth it.

Welcome :)

That's a nice double din. I have the previous rendition (DNX9960) and love it.

Now if only he would stop using photobucket. I despise that horrid service

For most people it is fine. But for users uploading high resolution photos their internal compression algorithm is awful and caps the size fairly small while botching the quality.

Unless something has changed I am still under the impression for a free account you can only upload images under 1mb and it will compress them to around 1000x800. Also, if you go over their monthly upload limit you can lose photos too. Which is horrible.

If you want a user friendly free alternative I would go with Picasa. You can get a desktop client for easy uploading, tons of storage space and the ability to keep them at the same resolution you upload them at.

While I do use Flickr (Pro Account) I'm still not entirely in love with it. The service has not changed or improved much over the last few years. I have been keeping both services 500px and Razzi on my radar in case I ever decide to change.

For most people it is fine. But for users uploading high resolution photos their internal compression algorithm is awful and caps the size fairly small while botching the quality.

Unless something has changed I am still under the impression for a free account you can only upload images under 1mb and it will compress them to around 1000x800. Also, if you go over their monthly upload limit you can lose photos too. Which is horrible.

If you want a user friendly free alternative I would go with Picasa. You can get a desktop client for easy uploading, tons of storage space and the ability to keep them at the same resolution you upload them at.

While I do use Flickr (Pro Account) I'm still not entirely in love with it. The service has not changed or improved much over the last few years. I have been keeping both services 500px and Razzi on my radar in case I ever decide to change.

I use Picasa and really like it. I take most of my photos on my Galaxy Nexus (unfortunately) and I had it set to automatically upload into Picasa when it hit a wifi network. It was awesome until I went through like 75% of my storage space in just a few months haha (though I tend to take like 3 or 4 shots for every picture I'm trying to get, Galaxy Nexus can take pictures damn quickly). But as a service I think its pretty awesome

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'm truly loving every second with the car. My other DD is a 2002 Chrysler Sebring LXI coupe, and while it has been a good car, feels like a complete piece of crap compared to this one.. I'll post some pics of the fiberglass and angel eyes install as I go.

Members online

Back