Project X

I did dynamat the door skin and inside of the before installing the panels as well as my components, the tweeters are in the factory locations. I ended up painting the dynamat around the speaker flat black so you couldn't see it through the grill.

ive already sealed my entire trunk. ill be doing inside the cab soon. did you do it 100 percent. if so how much did you use. im hoping i can get away with 100square. as it took nearly 50square to do the trunk.

ive already sealed my entire trunk. ill be doing inside the cab soon. did you do it 100 percent. if so how much did you use. im hoping i can get away with 100square. as it took nearly 50square to do the trunk.

The doors you can do with about 12sqft.
Cabin floor and rear quarters will take about 100sqft or so

Updates? :monkey:

Need a fix I'm jonesing

I have Monday and Tuesday off this coming week then fly to Orlando for three days of meetings.. ugh.
This week was week 6 of a 7 week remodel project at my store and the last of heavy construction/overnights. Burning the candle at both ends for two months catches up with you at some point.
I'll have pictures up at some point here in the next couple days.

That is incredible. You must be really proud to see it installed and working properly!!
Thanks..
The tail light has been on the shelf for a while but I didn't want to put it in until the car was done. I only tested the light last year but didn't have the srquencer working.
Getting low/high plus sequential out of the same LED's and no bulb warning message was interesting.

Its awesome.
looks better then I thought it would.

Tail light - YouTube

I think it turned out good, I'm happy with the speed it cycles and its plenty bright enough.
Tail lights run through a dimmer and I wired it up so they drop out on the brake/turn signal.
When I tested the turn signals with the park lights on I'm getting a quick flash of the park light circuit when it cycles, looks ok but I want them off while it cycles. I tried a couple of different caps to see if I could extend the latch on the relay for that split second but it caused some relay chatter as the voltage trailed off on the cap.
I ordered a couple of pulse timers and I'll set them to drop the circuit for 1.5-2 seconds. That would be plenty. Probably could have built the pulse timer but I'm going to be out of town this week and at $15 I would have had more than $15 worth time into it. I'm sure I have more than $15 worth of time into it trying not to have to buy the pulse timers... Lol

This is going to end up being the absolute cleanest Mark VIII on the forum, PERIOD!

Thanks! I'm working on it.. I've seen quite a few others on the board that are hard to beat.
I've even seen some GEN 1 cars I wouldn't mind having. :eek:
It will be different for sure. ;)

Thanks! I'm working on it.. I've seen quite a few others on the board that are hard to beat.
I've even seen some GEN 1 cars I wouldn't mind having. :eek:
It will be different for sure. ;)

No need to thank me. It's not a compliment. It's the truth. You have broken this car down & you are rebuilding it the RIGHT WAY! Not only that but you are also customizing it the RIGHT WAY as well. I truly can't wait to see this car when it's done!

I picked up a low mile builder motor along with forged internals and a set of diamond 11:1 ceramic top, teflon coated, 4 valve relief, with tool hardened pins.

The block and rotating assembly is at the machine shop right now.
Looking to complete the mechanical pieces this coming spring along with

Any news from Fargo....ya know...
This short block has me pumped, N/A it will be a beast.
Boost it...forgetaboutit.

Fargo...lol
-O.K., we'll go get some f@cking pancakes and then get laid. -

Any news from Fargo....ya know...
This short block has me pumped, N/A it will be a beast.
Boost it...forgetaboutit.

Fargo...lol
-O.K., we'll go get some f@cking pancakes and then get laid. -

I'll have to check on it when I get back, it will be Monday as I get in late on Friday.
I need to get the heads up there, I shipped the valves and cams a few weeks ago as well as the IW 10% OD pulley and new flex plate so they could balance everything with the rods, pistons, and crank.
Should be just over 11:1 by the calculations and then BOOooooost :cool:

Members online

Back