pictures and question

lking

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
pictures of the LS i couldnt get the camera 100% still

question whenever the car idles or is running takes a piss all over the road its condensation but is this much condensation normal? this happenes all the time not just on cool and warm days

you can see water spots on the road from the muffler in the pictures

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1156.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1164.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1167.jpg

IMG_1168.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

Yes that is normal. It is how your catalytic conversion system works.

Good attempt at the photos, but try to set the camera on something next time.

Night pictures without a tripod = Not good time. (dosent matter what camera you have or how still you are they never come out perfect) Good attempt though!

Night pictures without a tripod = Not good time. (dosent matter what camera you have or how still you are they never come out perfect) Good attempt though!

Night pics are very tough with out a tripod, I used milk crates before purchasing a tripod.

anyone own these wheels?

i'm wondering how they would look on the ls

$T2eC16RHJHEE9ny2q9bZBQ(262ecmw~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16RHJHEE9ny2q9bZBQ(262ecmw~~48_20.JPG

Did u refinish your headlights by any chance? If so, what kit did u use? I'm up for a refinishing myself.

Did u refinish your headlights by any chance? If so, what kit did u use? I'm up for a refinishing myself.

no that's the original condition cars only got 70,000 kms i have re conditioned headlights before there should be a DIY on here somewhere dont buy the kits their a rip off buy the stuff individually all you need is sand paper (different grits) shampoo mixed with water a drill and headlight polisher

" Instructions
Ok well first off I have access to a real auto shop at school, and the air buffer can be subsitituted with a lot of elbow greese

1) I got some 600 and 2000 grit sandpaper, a bucket of soapy water, and a squegee (sp?)
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that you should use like dish washing soap. You don't want to use car soap because it contains waxes that hinder what you are trying to do.

2) I got the headlight wet with the squegee and got the 600 grit sandpaper wet in the bucket and started sanding always going in straightlines (don't swirl!!!)

3) After doing this till I felt that I had gotten the majority of little dings out, I followed it up with the 2000 gritt paper in the same fashion to make the plastic very very smooth. The plastic at this point is very cloudy though.

4) I used 3M rubbing compound which I poured onto the headlight and then took a air buffer and buffed it out.

***At this point you will be saying WOW!!!!

5) When I got home later I realized that I could still see just a few tiny tiny tiny scratches when the lights were on, so I decided to wip out my Clear Plastic Collection from Meguiars which I got for like $25.

6) I just applied the plastic cleaner as directed which filled in the scratch marks

7) Then I applied the plastic polisher as directed and wooohooooo!

8) I am now completely satisfied! The headlights look almost brand new.

Let me know if you have any questions."

http://www.acura-legend.com/vbulletin/f13/polishing-headlights-1888/

no that's the original condition cars only got 70,000 kms i have re conditioned headlights before there should be a DIY on here somewhere dont buy the kits their a rip off buy the stuff individually all you need is sand paper (different grits) shampoo mixed with water a drill and headlight polisher

Sigh, unless you have bad luck like me and one of your headlights has a molding defect. No matter what I did I couldnt get my passenger side headlight to look as nice as my driver side

Thanks

Yeah I'm aware of the write ups. Just that I saw your headlights and was blown away and was wondering what method you might have used.

stoppy i remember reading your headlight thread, i dont think you put minwax/mineral spirits on yours. that makes them a million times clearer. wipe the headlight with a wet rag and watch it get really clear for a second or two; the minwax/mineral spirts will give it that look except it will last a lot longer than just a second. i think i have a month or two on mine, still clear.

Members online

Back