I'm out, got a Kia

I think that looks cool, buts that my option lol good luck with the new ride, one of the few non american cars I actually like

I'd be suspect of any car made in Japan as being radioactive. FWIW, had an 87 Hyundai that lasted 24 years. Just recently donated it to the Veterans and was still running, though I wouldn't take any long trips in it.

Not all Asians look alike!

Lol this is true. We have TONS of asians in Ann Arbor because of UofM (My god did they play ****ty yesterday...). I've actually gotten pretty decent at telling the different ethnicities apart

Edit: Just realized who I was qouteing... so yeah, I'm sure you know what A2 is like lol

I must say, the new Optima is certainly not the ugliest car I've seen.

Kia has come a VERY long way since they first appeared here in the USA.

I must say, the new Optima is certainly not the ugliest car I've seen.

Kia has come a VERY long way since they first appeared here in the USA.

Yeah I agree. The new Optima has a fresh and distinct look. I wouldn't get one, but I understand why people do

Damn that Optima on vossens looks sick! I'm not modifying my car for a long while. I'm happy with it stock, plus I don't want to void the warranty...at least not until it's paid off. Lol.

I understand they're not everyone's cup of tea but as to the one guys comment about spending $30k on a Kia, I picked this up for $24k with 99 miles on it. So for me, it was a great buy. Plus the car is pushing 274hp/269tq out of a 2.0L with 17.4lbs of boost on 87octane. Pretty fancy for a factory setup, not to mention it's about 500-600lbs lighter than the LS. Although I do wish it was RWD, I'll like the FWD better once the snow hits here in Idaho.

Damn that Optima on vossens looks sick! I'm not modifying my car for a long while. I'm happy with it stock, plus I don't want to void the warranty...at least not until it's paid off. Lol.

I understand they're not everyone's cup of tea but as to the one guys comment about spending $30k on a Kia, I picked this up for $24k with 99 miles on it. So for me, it was a great buy. Plus the car is pushing 274hp/269tq out of a 2.0L with 17.4lbs of boost on 87octane. Pretty fancy for a factory setup, not to mention it's about 500-600lbs lighter than the LS. Although I do wish it was RWD, I'll like the FWD better once the snow hits here in Idaho.

Not to be Debbie Downer but FWD isn't any better in snow than RWD. In fact, once the front wheels lose traction you're just along for the ride until the tires regain traction. There is no turning into the skid in a FWDer. Much to my surprise, having FWD in SLC winters didn't help with the snow let alone the ice.

After 20 years of FWD and returning to RWD I have become kind of a RWD snob. I did the first 15 years of driving with RWD.

....I'll like the FWD better once the snow hits here in Idaho.

I'm sorry, but I dont subscribe to the FWD is better in snow belief. My first car was a RWD car and I learned to drive in snow with it. I had NO problems. The only reason my second car, a FWD car, did better in the snow is I actually had snow tires on it. If you lose control your ****ed in a FWD car until you regain control. In a RWD car you can at least swing the back end to a degree. In my opinion, the only drivetrain that actually does better in snow is AWD. It really has all to do with tires more than anything else, by a long shot

Edit: Ahh beat me to it LS4me lol

FWD only helps those who have no business driving in snow get the car moving. You have to accelerate when in trouble so the front wheels can pull the car, and 99 percent of the time you're in trouble in snow and ice because you're already going too fast. Let off the gas with FWD and engine braking can cause the front wheels to stop rolling and start sliding. With RWD when going too fast you can downshift and put massive drag on the rear wheels instead of braking, which lets the front wheels continue to roll and give you some measure of control. In every winter storm I drive in, about 70 percent of the cars that are off the road and stuck are FWD. 25 percent of them are 4x4s on their sides, who wer obviously horseplaying when they lost it. Only 5 percent of the stranded cars are RWD, because only those who actually know how to drive can get them going to begin with and those who know how to get them going also know how to keep them going. When I know I have to drive in bad weather I'll take a 4x4 first, RWD second, try not to go at all third and FWD last.

I've driven FWD, RWD and AWD in snow. I prefer the AWD, but that wasn't an option with what I was looking at buying. And I had snow tires on my 01' LS I had and that car was a handful in bad snow. I did it, but FWD was easier in my opinion. I like the car, it works for me.

Members online

No members online now.
Back