FS: Center Vent Assy with Sirius Dock

TrickVert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Selling my old center vent with Sirius Dock attached. (2003 Sport)

$30 shipped CONUS.

2012-09-07_13-33-12_745Large.jpg

Please post or PM with interest.

Thanks,

Andy

Calling first dibs. Like to see how that sirius deck is attached.

Like to see how that sirius deck is attached.

I would think that if it was just double sticky tape, it would have just been pulled off. if i was a betting man, i would put money with two holes and screws (most of the older Sirius docks have four threaded holes which make permanent mounting options easy and very sturdy)

I would think that if it was just double sticky tape, it would have just been pulled off. if i was a betting man, i would put money with two holes and screws (most of the older Sirius docks have four threaded holes which make permanent mounting options easy and very sturdy)
Give that man a cigar!
(and a beer) :Beer

Andy

If it had no dock, I woulda bought it.

Mine cracked from intense heat.

Hey, if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you take a picture of the backside of that piece where the controls are? I'm going to install a radar detector in my car and was considering putting it in next to the buttons in the vent. I've not pulled mine to see if it'll work yet, but since you have this one out... not a problem if you can't but if you can I'd appreciate it.

Unless it is just a display to the radar detector, and not the actual detector - it will not work there properly.

Hey, if it wouldn't be too much trouble could you take a picture of the backside of that piece where the controls are? I'm going to install a radar detector in my car and was considering putting it in next to the buttons in the vent. I've not pulled mine to see if it'll work yet, but since you have this one out... not a problem if you can't but if you can I'd appreciate it.
I would be happy to, but am out of town for the week. If you still need something by next weekend, send me a PM, and I'll see what I can do.

Anxy

I've used the double stick tape for a couple different uses. Completely useless here in Florida. Car gets so damn hot the glue/tape literally melts and whatever is sticky taped ends up on the floor. I fought with sticking my ePass transponder with the tape over the years and have finally said screw it. Sits on the front corner of dash by windshield. That way if i know i wont need it for a day or two i just stash it away in the glovebox.

Unless it is just a display to the radar detector, and not the actual detector - it will not work there properly.

Very true. Placement is key to effective use.

*On the topic of radar detectors my 19yr Uniden radar just died after many years of great functioning and have been recently looking at replacements. What the Hell? $500 detectors? Do those come with a hand to stroke you while you drive?? These things come with so many nonsense features i cant believe it. For those that have LEO friends or family and understand radar enforcement and how it actually works then you'd understand my stance that the expensive detectors are completely overboard. Saw one that blew me away that had a digital readout for messages for things like speed camera's, red light camera's and such. Detectors get you out of tickets from either lazy or LEO's just not paying attention. Most all LEO's around here are now using laser almost exclusively, they sit sideways with the window down and pick a spot to check oncoming cars. Easy pickin. If your laser "detector" goes off you might as well start pulling over and get your info ready.

There are also speed camera's installed all over central florida now, they arent activated or "live" yet but even a lead foot like myself is going to start watching the 'ol speedo a little closer. Some might think its a waste of resources and money but i'd rather our cops fighting and preventing actual crime and not the people exceeding a speed limit by a minor amount. But thats just me.

Members online

Back