I'm out, got a Kia

ReneRobert

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So a couple weeks ago I went to do my VCG's on my black 05 LS Premium and someone else had been in that motor before me and it turned into a bloody nightmare. Several bolts snapped off in the heads while turning the bolts with a socket-By Hand! A couple were in spots I couldn't get to with eazy-outs. And pulling a motor swap or swapping heads on my daily driver was out of the question.
So, to make a long story short I traded in on a black 2013 Kia Optima Turbo GDI with 99miles one it and one helluva warranty! So a big thank you to everyone for your help over the past several years. This is a great forum, keep it up!

P.S.
I have an SCT XCAL 3 I'll be posting for sale in the for sale section.

You should of got a Hyundai. Everyone knows it's always a fun day in a Hyundai.

At least it's not a Camry. Enjoy the new ride!

Sorry to hear about your car. Congratulations on the new one, definitely not on the top of my list though (probably somewhere near the Camry at the bottom).

Good luck with the new ride.

5 dollars says he misses the ls in a week :shifty:

sad to see you go but not a bad choice. my brother in law has the gdi and its a nice car fo the price and the warranty. take pics and post

It's right across from it on the tree chart.

I'll drive an optima any day over a Camry. They are far ahead from they were just a few years ago.

Just like the Maximas they are nice but they need to be RWD. Then again i guess Nissan does not want to compete with itself....the G sedans are already in that market.

Last edited:
I actually looked at one, only becasue a friend of mine wanted to buy one. All i can say, $30,000+ Kia shocked me. Especially, with the amount of plastic that's in it. No detail work either.

I tell you what though, I love the new jaguar, and would love to get one. But you will probably be putting money into your jag before he starts having any issues with the kia, other than owner caused damage on either.

Its sad but these cheaper kia's and hyundai's and stuff last longer and may look cheaper but they just don't have the dumb issues you see in luxury cars.

Tbh I like the Genesis Sedan from the outside, but the interior doesn't do it for me.

I tell you what though, I love the new jaguar, and would love to get one. But you will probably be putting money into your jag before he starts having any issues with the kia, other than owner caused damage on either.

Its sad but these cheaper kia's and hyundai's and stuff last longer and may look cheaper but they just don't have the dumb issues you see in luxury cars.

Well, that's nothing new. And, i am fine with that....gotta pay to play.

In terms of reliability, i don't think the above said is necessarily true. The very same friend i was referring to, had a Civic (2000). The whole exhaust rusted to nothing and fell apart. You will never see that on a Lincoln or any other luxury car(stainless steel exhaust). Honda owner will spend money on a exhaust, a Lincoln owner will spend money on coils.

Conclusion, every car will have it's own issues regardless of the brand. No one is better than other.

Good luck with the new car.

I have seen a couple of those around and they don't look that bad. Buy some vossens:
http://blog.vossenwheels.com/?p=2733

l_All%20Other%20Makes_Kia%20Optima_VVSCV3_67e.jpg

It's really not everyone's cup of tea, but I have seen much more revolting cars before. Gotta give the guy props for thinking outside the box with a Kia

Members online

No members online now.
Back