Lincoln Ls Ac

dominiesha

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello I am having problems with my ac on my 2000 lincoln ls V6. New Compressor keeps cutting on and off and when on it only blows hot air. Before I replaced my compressor air was only getting cold on drivers side. I did the self test codes 5041, 1264, 1242, and 1947 came up. What do these codes mean? Do I need to replace my DCCV? What can be the cause of all the codes?

I don't know about the B5041. I'll have to look that one up later.

The B1264 and B1242 you can probably ignore. Clear the stored codes and run the on-demand diagnostic test. If they don't come back right away, then they're not a problem. (It doesn't seem to be unusual to get false codes of the damper doors every now and then.)

The B1947 is probably your problem. It's the post evaporator temperature sensor, and apparently it needs to be replaced.

Thank you. Can you guide me on how to clear the codes and run the on demand diagnostic test. Also where is the post evaporator temperture sensor located?

Press defrost when it's done going through the self test cycle.

Yes I pressed the off button and the defrost button simultaneously and then pressed auto, I got the codes mentioned above then I pressed the defrost button. Now how do I run the on demand diagnostic test?
And as mentioned above where is this post evap temp senso located. Do I have to pull the entire dash out to get to it?

From this thread: http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82679

"Getting to the sensor is easy. It right under the dash on the driver's side. The connector sticks out of the evap case. I can wiggle it, and I feel like if I pull/finagle it enough, it will come out. The A/C has been blowing nice and cold ever since I unplugged the sensor. But again, I'm not sure if this sensor tells the computer to do anything else except turn the compressor off if it's readings on the evap get too cold. "

Thank you Joegr.....I will try to locate and do this. I will et back with you soon to let you know the outcome...

could not locate the sensor under the drivers side. Wondering if this is located in the same place for a 2000

This is what I have.

climate1.jpg

climate2.jpg

okay, looks like dash needs to be removed to get to it I guess I will get that done tomorrow. I really appreciate your time and posts this has been an ongoing problem and I have put so much money into trying to get my ac fixed.

having trouble removing dash to get to evap sensor. Any suggestions. Also I cannot find the sensor online or the pricing of it. Please help.

TascaParts.com. They have sensors listed but part number search on website shows zip. Try calling them, they have been very helpfull to me when I had questions. Good Luck

I'm really unsure of where the sensor is located. I was told it was under the dash on drivers side next to where the radio sits. So do I need to remove entire dash or can I just remove center?

I'm really unsure of where the sensor is located. I was told it was under the dash on drivers side next to where the radio sits. So do I need to remove entire dash or can I just remove center?

I'm not sure, but you'd have to remove the center parts (AC vents, radio, DATC, ash tray, ...) before removing the rest of the dash anyway. I'd start with that.

finally found the sensor, only thing is there are 3 identical ones.....which is post evap sensor? Top middle bottom

finally found the sensor, only thing is there are 3 identical ones.....which is post evap sensor? Top middle bottom

The top according to the diagram above. Unplug it and run the diagnostic again.

Members online

Back