Living up to the (nick)name...Tritons

mlara1129

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
5 spoke fans now may be the time to leave this thread :p

Snapped a few pics to show Hite's license plate bracket, and the wheels of course.

They are Jag Triton wheels 18x8 ET49. A little rough around the edges but they look great from a far. I think they compliment the LS well, for that subtle upgrade over 17's while keeping that factory look.

Not sure what i'll do with these yet as I don't plan on getting rid of the Barcelonas anytime soon. Prob fix them up and keep them for winter. Unless any of you guys like them enough to make an offer??? Pm me.

Not the first LS we've seen with these, but the first with a drop, which i think is a must for these wheels to look stellar.

Anyways, here are the pics. Pardon the filthy car, took all day to figure out the plate holder and almost ran out of daylight. Hope you guys like. Hite thanks again for the bracket!

DSC02036.jpg

DSC02058.jpg

DSC02057.jpg

DSC02046.jpg

DSC02041.jpg

DSC02039.jpg

DSC02037.jpg

P.S. notice all pics are only from one side, its because i only put 2 on, too lazy to do all 4 lol

Wheels are bananas!!! The bracket placement is definitely nice. Looks hella Euro Mlara. And no worries about scraping. I liiiiiiiiiike!!!!

Get all 4 on haha.

I like these wheels. Just wish they were 19"... They definately make the ls seem more elegant in this case where as most 5spokes make the ls sportier. I like these. Still like my 5 spokes. But these are cool for sure

I really like those, but what's up with those rubber bands tires Mlara? Your LS has come a long way, what a beauty!

+1 on what Rod said about the bracket lol.

Those look pretty good.

The plate off to the side looks ricerish.

I really like those, but what's up with those rubber bands tires Mlara? Your LS has come a long way, what a beauty!

+1 on what Rod said about the bracket lol.

I would agree with you guys about the plate, but i think this is an example of it being done "right." Its not like its bolted onto the bumper, or zip tied, and it looks much better in person. Maybe in terms of not fitting a "Lincoln"??? but then again this is not your typical Lincoln :D

M4rk, rubber band tires? They're 245/40s :confused:

And thanks guys!

I would take any properly mounted placement vs holes in the front bumper cover everyday of the week. Now where is the damn Soy sauce? ;)

I really like those! They look good on the car. I kinda like the silver better than the black on a white car. any chance the Barcelonas are for sale:shifty:

Why so much hate with the front plate? I think a body matched front player holder looks best compared to anything else.

And putting the plate in the lower grille restricts some airflow.

I loathe drilling holes in such a nice bumper cover. Even hated that it was done to my gen 1 bumper cover before I bought the car.

Looks nice! Plate looks good too... Thank goodness we don't have to have front plates here in Florida.

Looking good Mlara those in 19 would be perfect!

How many sets of wheels do you actually own?

Wheels look really sharp but the tag mount needs some work so the gaps are even.

If it were mine I'd probably roll the plate below the numbers so it'll fit in the lower opening better or allow you to mount it to the bottom of the cover to allow more air to the cooling system. I'd also try it with the plate in the center, I'm glad mine already has the stock mount so I don't have to tinker with it.

Jamie

These aren't to bad. Not my favorite application you have tried out, but they work well. Any chance you will find some Sabres sometime??

any chance the Barcelonas are for sale:shifty:
not any time soon lol

I like it better with the black wheels...but then again I am a little biased.
The gloss black powdercoat of the barcelonas have certainly grown on me, but I still plan to redo them in a lighter color soon...hopefully.

How many sets of wheels do you actually own?
Just 2 lol I promise i'm not hoarding wheels.

Wheels look really sharp but the tag mount needs some work so the gaps are even.
Its pretty even. The angle of the pics maybe make it not seem that way.

These aren't to bad. Not my favorite application you have tried out, but they work well. Any chance you will find some Sabres sometime??
Yea def not my favorite set of wheels...

and i've come across a few sets of the sabres just not cheap enough to "try"

Those look pretty awesome, like they should have been a stock option.
my thought exactly.

i like it. i wanted to get some of these for my car to keep the stock look, but having 18s instead of 17s.

I love those wheels!! I think they look great. What about painting them white?? I know it would be a total pain to keep clean but I think it would look great.

If you were close to me I'd powder coat them for ya but since you'd have to ship them I don't think it would be worth it.

I love those wheels!! I think they look great. What about painting them white?? I know it would be a total pain to keep clean but I think it would look great.

If you were close to me I'd powder coat them for ya but since you'd have to ship them I don't think it would be worth it.

holy **** he is alive

thanks man.

and well depends on how cheap the job is...:D

Members online

Back