spare tire well???

jason2000ls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
odd question but does anyone know the exact dimensions of a 2000 lincoln ls spare tire well?? preferably cuft of area. reason asking is my ls has a custom subbox fiberglassed into spare tire well for 2 12"s now upon looking at it id assume its at least 5 to 6 cuft... way too big for sealed (current box) but possibly large enough to be vented. any help is appreciated..was thinking id throw a third 12 in but its more than loud enough already.

i wouldnt know car came this way. battery is also in passenger corner jus behind wheel well (dont know if it was origionaly located here or in spare tire well)

i wouldnt know car came this way. battery is also in passenger corner jus behind wheel well (dont know if it was origionaly located here or in spare tire well)

The battery was originally in the spare tire well.

its in the works. believe me it looked a hell of alot worse. i had to double up baffle as the box was flexing at least an inch. re seal everything. and currently i have about 1.5 cuft of styrofoam blocks in this box to displace a little bit of air. id say there still in 2 cubes each

IMG-20120809-00131(1).jpg

also this is all i got. know where i could find trunk panels and carpet. yes i know it wont fit, id just like to get an idea of where everything origionaly was

interesting setup. I guess it would be an alternative to loosing all your trunk space. only drawback would be no spare if you get a flat.

the best way to measure the air space of a non rectangular cube is by using foam peanuts, you never know what percentage of the room wasn't used for the box.

interesting setup. I guess it would be an alternative to loosing all your trunk space. only drawback would be no spare if you get a flat.
just like a lot of new fords, my grandma just got a new flex, and instead of a spare tire, they gave her an electric air pump with a built in tube of goo. I guess its a good thing she is a AAA member.

...and no trunk floor if you have luggage.

it is very easy to make a cover that would be the height of the original floor, protect the equipment, and give you an option to not show off everything and use the trunk 100% like before (minus the spare of course)

so i couldnt figure out the inner cuft of the spare tire well. it was time to think outside the box hahaha ..these work perfectly.

IMG-20120824-00144.jpg

IMG-20120824-00145.jpg

I like the setup but would rather keep my spare. Good work nonetheless. You can get the carpet that will match the trunk on partsexpress. I linked it on my sub build. Only downside is the expensive shipping or buy $99 for free shipping. Not sure if this is still the case.

Not sure for first gen but on 2nd gen, you also have fuses in the spare compartment. Wonder where those ended up.

seems like a lot of good work for a pair of old type Rs and a small kicker amp.

Thinkn u missed the most recient pic I have 2 w7s and 1300 watts rms.. Thanks for the carpet link. Ima check them out. As for fuses there located off to the right side jus behind the seats ( custom bracket.) And a lil lengthenin of some wires

Members online

No members online now.
Back