For Sale...Custom Front License Plate Brackets

hite337

Hite Performance
Reaction score
Yet another custom made product from Hite Performance! Several members have contacted me about my front license plate bracket and I have made a few, some of you may have seen it on marcredd's beautifully reworked white LS recently.

This is a custom made aluminum front license plate bracket for those who live in the stupid states (or countries) that require a front license plate. This plate bracket mounts in two 1/4" holes you will need to drill on the bottom side of your front bumper. This beats drilling holes in the front face of your beautiful front bumper and is a cheaper alternative to buying the factory plate mount that still requires holes in the front face of the bumper. You can mount it in the middle or off to one side of your bumper, which ever you choose.

The price is $25 shipped (+ $10 to Canada) and the bracket will come with the bolts to mount to the bumper and you can buy the bolts of your choice to mount the license plate. It has 4 holes on the bottom to allow you flexibility in how far away from your bumper you mount it. It is made of 1/8" aluminum and you can bend it fairly easily to achieve the angle you desire.

PM me if you would like to order one of these. All transactions will go thru PayPal to insure your safety and mine.

DSCF1536.jpg

marcredd plate bracket 2.jpg

LSEvening2.jpg

Without question, the most cosmetically effective way to clean up the front end of any gen 1 or gen 2. The build quality is rock solid and it mounts easily.

glad you decided to sell these. Mine should be delivered monday.

I'm going to mount mine all the way to the left...ill post pics here to show how it looks.

Want... just need the 06 bumper... lol

Marcredd if those wheels were white... OMG

Fun fact. Dvinci did / does not even make them in black. I had them sprayed when I purchased them back in 06. They came to me sprayed. Originally, they were high polished silver(waiting for Rod to choke me for admitting that since he hates black wheels).

Back to the brackets..... I see your LS is a prime candidate for one until you pull the trigger on an 06 bumper cover.

always loved the look of black wheels with a chrome/polished lip. If i wasnt lowered i'd take those off your hands marc :p

As long as the underside of the gen 2 hardened plastic trim is the same as the gen 1, it absolutely will. Just went and looked at my oem gen one bumper cover in the garage.

Depending on individual preference, you may find yourself using one of the closer adjustment points so the bracket mounts a bit more on the flush side and keeps the plate itself visually more symmetrical with the underside of the main portion of the bumper cover.

I definitely took Hite's advice and did a test fit and bent the arms to where I wanted the plate to to rest before sending the car off for paint. In case you wonder, after I got the bracket set in the proper position after the test fit, I did sand it, spray with a few coats of etching primer and final coats of Satin Black paint. Hite encouraged me to make sure I had the bracket just as my taste preferred before painting(avoid cracking paint by bending after the fact) and I did exactly that. Looks great with paint on it.

I can honestly say if my dumb bumper didn't already have holes in it i would be all over this bracket! Looks like amazing work!

I can honestly say if my dumb bumper didn't already have holes in it i would be all over this bracket! Looks like amazing work!

Sounds like a prime opportunity to have it the bumper cover refinished and clean the look up at the same time. :D

glad you decided to sell these. Mine should be delivered monday.

I'm going to mount mine all the way to the left...ill post pics here to show how it looks.

I can't wait to see how it looks to the left.

Would this fit a non-LSE bumper?

Yes and it should fit a whole variety of cars. I just dont have the time to make 500 of them so I'm only selling them on LVC for now. Feel free to purchase them for your other cars as well but the only car I will ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE they will fit is the LS. I havent tried putting them on any other car yet.

I definitely took Hite's advice and did a test fit and bent the arms to where I wanted the plate to to rest before sending the car off for paint. In case you wonder, after I got the bracket set in the proper position after the test fit, I did sand it, spray with a few coats of etching primer and final coats of Satin Black paint. Hite encouraged me to make sure I had the bracket just as my taste preferred before painting(avoid cracking paint by bending after the fact) and I did exactly that. Looks great with paint on it.

Definately test fit it before painting it! It comes in raw aluminum finish and WILL NOT RUST but can be painted any color you want. Like Marc said, use self etching primer and a good quality top coat and it will last forever.

Does anyone have a picture of this mount without the license plate attached? Wouldn't mind seeing how it's installed on the car.

Does anyone have a picture of this mount without the license plate attached? Wouldn't mind seeing how it's installed on the car.

This is the steel prototype I built first. The piece that connects the two sides is a bit wider that the ones for sale but it mouints exactly the same way. I dont have any pics of the aluminum one yet.

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

This is the steel prototype I built first. The piece that connects the two sides is a bit wider that the ones for sale but it mouints exactly the same way. I dont have any pics of the aluminum one yet.

DSCF1171.jpg

DSCF1172.jpg

So...... The bar is to hold the bumper together?? ;):D:p

Ahahaha!! Wow I see all these clean cars on lvc, but the truth is, your all just hiding your defects!! Lol jk.. in all seriousness I'm glad to see that, makes me feel better about my own car not being perfect..

Hey hite, will these be available in a couple weeks still? Or only till supplies run out for them? I'm getting my front bumper repainted in about a month, and with this I will be able to finally fill the holes in my bumper! I would order from you now but I ordered eibachs yesterday so the car funds are tight... :'(

Very nice work Hite!! Im lucky enough to live in FL and not have to worry about the plate on the front but looks like quality work good luck with the sales :)

P.s.

I dont think ive ever thanked you for the heat shield, quality work and very happy with it, Highly recommended for those that don't have one already.

i don't think i've ever been this excited to put the front plate back on my car lol

what color do you guys suggest i paint mine?

I have a little ceramic white pearl (f6), from paintscratch.com, laying around from another project. Also have black and white dip...

thoughts?

EDIT: my car is Ceramic white pearl.

Way to go Hite, I'm going to need one of these now to.
hope it holds the Canadian plates, not sure if the spread is the same on the top holes.

I'm just leaving town shortly ... but i'll be back within 2weeks.

I'll talk to you then.

thx

Nice! That is definitely what I would do (unless a motorized one is ever feasible for the LS).

I am lucky to live in one of the few no-front-plate states.

Uhhh ya...I bought it cracked and I had to brace it somehow.

Ahahaha!! Wow I see all these clean cars on lvc, but the truth is, your all just hiding your defects!! Lol jk.. in all seriousness I'm glad to see that, makes me feel better about my own car not being perfect..

Hey hite, will these be available in a couple weeks still? Or only till supplies run out for them? I'm getting my front bumper repainted in about a month, and with this I will be able to finally fill the holes in my bumper! I would order from you now but I ordered eibachs yesterday so the car funds are tight... :'(

You're damn right I'm hiding my LSE's defects :D This winter I will be experimenting with the repairs to the bumper and one crack on my rear valance. If I am not successful I will be getting an '06 bumper.

These plate brackets will be available indefinately.

Way to go Hite, I'm going to need one of these now to.
hope it holds the Canadian plates, not sure if the spread is the same on the top holes.

The holes are 7" centers across and 4 11/16" centers top to bottom. If this is different from the Canadian plates let me know and I will design one for you and anyone across the border

I am lucky to live in one of the few no-front-plate states.

I'm so jealous...But in Missouri the front plate laws help cover up my defects

Members online

No members online now.
Back