Lowered oil change

Stopsign002

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
So... got home from work and was super exhausted. Decided I had just enough light left to do my oil change. Got the ramps out and went to go drive the car up.... oh yeah... I installed Eibachs...

So do you guys just use a jack and jack stands? I'm really going to miss using ramps, its so damn easy unless some of you guys have some tricks you'd like to share

You need a low profile racing jack or just use some 2x4's. Mine has a minimum clearance of 3.5 inches and it worked fine with my eibachs till I put on the stance coilovers. Then I needed to drive up onto a 2x4 just to get the jack under the car.

oh the pros and cons of lowering.

Stop, we gonna see some pics of your lowered LS ?

Eibachs and drive right on to ramps. Haven't had any problems with the ramps my brother has.

cut small boards to drive onto, then use a normal jack

I picked up a 2.5ton low profile racing jack on sale at Harbor Freight a while back. Works great and my car is lowered with Eibach's

Might be a simple solution but make your own ramps. My roommate has a slammed MK5 Jetta and made ramps that even he can get on to do various work. Plans can be found on-line for free and the wood that it takes is fairly cheep compared to a "race" ramp. The only draw back is that they are heavy as ****.

554347_10100670886390262_1071259814_n.jpg

This + jack + stands.

I made my own ramps out of 2x4's that only raise the car about 3" and its enough to get a drain pan under and do the change. Those metal ramps are just dangerous.
Costco has a good quality low cost low profile 3.25 ton jack that fits right under my car (eibachs) no problems. Its worth getting a year pass just for that.

I have wood ramps my grampa built probably 30 years ago and like mentioned above they weight about 40-50 pounds each. But if I ever lower the car I will need to make my own as these are even close at stock height

Members online

Back